Chapter 3

~Author's Note~

So many questions and Dice will get some answers in this one. Also, thank you all for reading this and my other chapters! Please tell me what you think and what you may predict to happen next. As always, enjoy the chapter!

Elder Kettle opens his door to find Porsha and Dice carrying the Cup brothers. The boys are definitely attaching to the new girl, but that wasn't his worry. It was Dice. Sure, Dice felt relief when Cuphead and Mugman actually gave him a chance, but his witty attitude got under Elder Kettle's skin. He looked at Porsha, who was worn down a bit, but she's had fire in her. Dice looked at Elder Kettle and began to break the silence in the air.

"We got two cups in need of a bed, sir." Dice chuckled awkwardly after realizing what he just said.

Elder Kettle sighs, "Bring them in. I can get them to their room." and motioned them to enter his home.

"Thank you, sir." Porsha replied looking around at the place as Elder Kettle took Mugman out of her arms.

"No, thank you two for bringing them home safely. I do feel more at ease when someone is watching my boys." Kettle expressed his gratitude as he puts Cuphead to bed next. "Now, do you two need a place for tonight? I do have two spare guest rooms in the back." Elder Kettle asked them as he closed the brother's room door behind him.

"Well, I wouldn't want to intrude.." Porsha replied to his kind gesture.

"I insist, it's the least I could do after you two are watching them." Kettle insisted and Dice steps into the conversation.

"If it's free, then I would be happy to crash here for the night." Dice looked to Porsha while she returned his glance.

"Then you two stay and we will discuss matters in the morning." Edler Kettle said walking to his room.

"Discuss..." Porsha started to say as Dice finished both of their thoughts. "...Matters?"

Dice walked down the hallway and noticed that one of the spare rooms he picked was cluttered with boxes and other items to the tee. Porsha opens the other spare room and saw that it wasn't kept up. She looked back and noticed Dice trying to fit in between the boxes.

"Dice? Really?" She states as he shoots her a confused look. "For a con man you are not the brightest sometimes...or maybe you are just pulling my leg on this act. C'mon, there are twin beds in here on either side of the wall." Porsha walked in as Dice followed in chuckling.

"You can read people like a book too huh?" Dice replied closing the door behind them.

"Well, you are too easy to read, to be honest." Porsha giggled as Dice can feel his cheeks getting red by her statement.

"Wait-hey!"

"Goodnight, Mr. Dice." Porsha said as she got into one of the beds and rolled over to one side.

"...how's she get changed that fast..." Dice pouted to himself while he got ready for bed.

~~~Dice's and Porsha's Dream~~~ 

"Well isn't this a nice place?" A voice cuted through the darkness of the room as Dice jolts awake. He scans the room and noticed a figure looming in the shadows. With a puffy fur coat and the scent of smoke filling the air, Dice knew right away who was here. Mr. Wheezy, but why? He had gotten out of the casino before it went caplowe, so why was Wheezy here. Wheezy ignited his head, causing a flickering light to fill the room, and Dice noticed his stare.

"What do you want?" Dice asked glaring at him.

"Ya know why I'm here. Boss wants ya to have a little chit-chat." Wheezy replied lighting up a cigar in his mouth.