Chapter 7

~~~Author's note~~~

This will be one hell of a chapter! Thank you all for making it to chapter seven! As always you guys are awesome! So, stay safe and get ready for this wild ride!

~~~Dice's dream~~~

Dice shot up from his bead, not knowing the light that came from outside, as his mother opened his door. She grabbed him by the hand and flea from their house that is engulfed in flames. Dice's father was seen outside of the fire again, but this time it was worse...much worse. Dice's mother pleads with her husband to stop this madness as a car drove up. She turned around and saw a man get out of the car, holding up a pistol, and shot. Dice saw his mother fall to the ground as his father turned around at the sound. Dice is in tears, seeing the blood pour out of his mother's skull, bits and pieces of die, bone, and other parts are too horrifying for any boy to see at 12.

"You want the boy then take him!" Dice's father screeched picking Dice up by the collar.

"Father! What are you doing!?" Dice pleaded as he struggled to break free from his father's grip.

"Hold it." The Devil boomed at Dice's father and the man with the gun.

"Glad you could make the scene boss."The man said and the Devil knew it is Blackruth as he morphed into his original bird-like form.

"I am not your boss anymore." The Demon scowled as Blackruth shot Dice's father in the chest.

Dice fell to the ground with a thud and scruffles backward while seeing Blackruth coming towards him. Blackruth Shot him as well and Dice winched in pain as he clenched his chest that was hit. Blood pooled out of his ribcage before he lost consciousness. When he started to regain consciousness he stayed silent to hear what the Demon and Bird were chatting about.

"I beg to differ. I am all that you have got left." Blackruth replied smugly picking up Dice's parents and throwing them into the fire. Dice watched in horror and cannot even move due to his injuries. He sees the Devil catch his scared eyes.

"The deals are done..." The Devil said while he pulled his Triton out beside him and stabbed Blackruth through his heart.

Blackruth looks back at the Devil with vengeful eyes. "You'll...regret...this..." Was all He could muster as he was burned alive by the Devil's flames that ignited on his spear.

Dice curled himself into a ball, poor boy didn't know what else to do, and the Demon walked over to him. "Let's make a deal." The Devil said while he knelt down to Dice and Dice nodded sobbing.

~~~End of dream~~~

Dice jolts awake, seeing the cup brother's bounce on top of him, and sat up in his bed. He shook the dream out of his mind and focused on what he needed to do now. Find Porsha, erase her family's work, and stop Inkwell from disappearing. Mugman pulled on Dice's sleeve as Cuphead patted his head to see if he is listening.

"You okay?" Cuphead asked and Dice moved his hand from his head.

"Yes. just give me a moment to adjust." Dice implied as he tried to scoot them off the bed, but failed.

"Well, you better hurry! We are here!" Mugman said as the whistle blows for the next stop.

Dice hurried to get the two off the boat and onto the dock. He patted himself down as he realized his bag was missing and Cuphead handed him it. Dice sighed in relief and thanked the boys while he put the bag over his shoulder.

"Okay, where to?" Cuphead asked while he looked around. His expression changed as the fog cleared out of their vision. He gripped Dice's pant leg. "Where are we?" He asked as Dice noticed Mugman taking his hand as well.