Rage Of Immortals

We crashed onto the floor in a heap.

John, Kaden and I were blind drunk and merry. It was the middle of the night and I had made the foolish error of leaving the Valkyrie to sleep off her weakened state and celebrate my own newly found happiness in town. 

"Bah! I knew you would not disappoint us, Tayaaah!" Kaden drawls from underneath me.

I grinned into his back and rubbed a hand through his short brown hair. "Never leave a man behind ayy?"

"I haven't been this merry since we were back in the capital swindling the assassins guild." John cackled next to me.

"I... I--" I frowned. "I think I'm going to be sick." I stated.

The men shouted in protest and scrambled out from under me with laughter. "Outside woman! Out"

I gave them a lazy smile. "That is how you get two buffoons off you in one sentence."

Kaden slapped my shoulder hard and sent me onto my back again. I burst out laughing and John sprawled out on top of my stomach like a cat. We were hopeless.

I had just finished wiping the tears from my eyes when I noticed a Valkyrie staring down at me in the darkness. I grinned up at her stupidly.

"You look better."

"I cannot deem the same of you." She scoffed crossing her arms.

Her beautiful armour was gone and a simple black tunic and trousers that hugged her body remained. I hadn't realised I was staring at her until she cleared her throat in annoyance.

"I can safely assume that these two creatures are responsible for your current embarrassment." She snapped.

I rolled my eyes and Kaden snorted speaking for me.

"Oh ged' off your high horse you old wench." He rumbled followed by a burp.

John and I all but lost the ability to breathe in our laughter. If I had any sense I was sure I would not be allowing this to happen. We had just completely--

I felt myself being lifted off the ground. Wait, I was off the ground? She had picked me up out from under the men with inhuman swiftness--or I was simply too drunk to register it...

She carried me towards the kitchen and then dropped me in one of the wooden chairs. Before I could open my mouth she dumped the entire bucket of ice cold drinking water over my head and left the bucket there.

The men exploded into more laughter and I was so dizzy and confused covered by the thing I almost fell off the chair. Then the bucket disappeared and a pair of silver eyes dropped down level with my own.

"Having fun?" She growled.

"More so than you know." I winked. Water was running in streams down my face but I couldn't find it in me to take the situation seriously. Her face turned completely emotionless and a trickle of fear actually ran through my clouded head. 

"Odin must be so proud to look upon you now." She sneered. "How heroic this truly is, mortal."

Her words bit me and I winced. But she didn't stop and her eyes only glowed brighter with her anger.

"You truly are living up to the pathetic legacy your parents would have set for you–"

"Shut your mouth." I murmured.

"–you may as well have chopped grain for a living like your worthless ancestors because that is about all you are good for as of this moment. Childish, moronic and–"