trolls

Attara's POV

¤

The dwarves quickly got about unpacking and setting up for the night. Gandlaf warned the group that it would be a better idea to move on, seeming to sense the same eerie air I did around the place. Thorin and Gandlaf argued back and forth, but I only caught I few words about elves and a map. The argument ended with Gandalf storming off into the woods and a worried Bilbo chasing after him, only to return a few minutes later without our wizard companion.

I swung off of Phari and handed him to Kili with a slight smile. He and Fili were in charge of watching the ponies for the night. As they lead Phari off towards the other ponies I noticed a dwarf I did not recognize struggling to start a fire.

"I can help with that" I said as I walked towards him, smiling slightly.

Although he gave me a slightly confused look he gestured for me to go ahead. I felt my skin begin to tingle and glow as it always did when I used my powers. A small flame appeared in my palm and I touched it to the kindling the dwarf had already gathered setting it a light easily. I let out a small sigh as the flame extinguished in my palm, fire was the most tiring of my powers to use.

"That was amazing lass" the dwarf said with a look of awe on his face. "I'm Gloin, by the way" he said with a smile and extended his hand.

"Nice to meet you" I replied taking his hand. Despite my slight height advantage to the dwarf, my hand was still tiny in his.

One of the dwarves cooked us dinner and we all talked and laughed as we ate. They all introduced themselves to me, some more begrudgingly than others. Although most of the dwarves seemed nice enough Thorin and dwalin still seemed irritated that I was here. I couldn't care less though, I don't need a rude dwarf "king" - if you could even call him that without a throne - and his equally rude advisor as friends.

Bofur gave Bilbo two bowls of soup for Fili and Kili and he disappeared off into the woods towards the ponies. I excused myself from the other dwarves quickly under the guise of needing to wash up. Truly I just wanted to be alone so I could stretch my wings and fly a bit, as they were still sore from my recent injuries.

After a few minutes of peacefully flying through the forest I heard the unmistakable sounds of battle. The clangs of metal on metal on the deep bellows of - trolls?

You can't stay out of trouble for twenty minutes while I'm gone can you? I thought to myself irritably as I flew towards the noise