The Dungeons

Attara's POV

As we entered the dungeons Legolas lead me past the cells of my friends. They all looked up at me hopefully, but I simply shook my head. Legolas lead me towards an empty cell in between the cells that held Fili and Kili. As I entered the cell I heard Legolas let out a heavy sigh.

"Are you sure about this Atty?" he asked, "your rooms upstairs are completely at your disposal." he reminded me.

"I am entirely sure. I will not be comfortable while my friends suffer. Besides, once Thorin and Thranduil talk we will be free." I assured him.

He shook his head, but ceased to argue. "I will come back later, if you have changed your mind by then your rooms will still be waiting." he informed me, "there's no need to be so stubborn Atty." he said as he closed the cell door. 

As the lock clicked into place I sighed. Hopefully Thorin will be back soon and we will be free to continue our quest I hoped to myself. 

I quickly explained to the dwarves what had happened. I told them that Thorin was speaking with Thranduil as we spoke, and that if all went well we would be out of the dungeons soon. No later had those words come out of my mouth than I heard Thorin approaching. He was thrown roughly into a cell by one of the elven guards.

"Did he offer you a deal?" Balin asked, hope clear in his voice. 

"He did" Thorin replied, but then he told us what insults he had offered the king, "Him and all his kin!" 

I winced at this. Although I did not agree with how Thranduil was treating my friends, he was still like a father to me. I hated to hear him insulted, and I was not sure if I was considered one of his kin in Thorin's insult. 

"well... that's it then. A deal was our only hope." Balin sighed.

"Not our only hope." Thorin replied, but I had no clue what he was thinking. 

As I realized just how serious our current situation was, I sat down heavily against the wall separating Kili and I's cells. Although most of the walls were made of stone, there was an area with barns near the front that allowed us to see and speak to each other. As I looked up, my eyes met Kili's. They no longer held their normal warmth, but it was replaced with something far more bitter. 

"Atty huh?" He spat. 

"It was a nickname he gave me in childhood." I responded, unsure of where this bitterness was coming from. 

He shook his head angrily, "for someone who's known you since childhood he sure left you in a cell quickly" He shot back, "why would you choose to stay with us when you have rooms upstairs?" he asked bitterly. 

"I refused to let you suffer this fate while I stayed in comfort." I responded, "I am sure Thranduil will come around shortly. I will speak to Legolas when he returns." I assured him, but the mention of Legolas only seemed to make him more angry.

"Sure" he retorted, "be sure to talk to Legolas" he told me as he turned his back towards me. 

"Don't take it personally Attara" I heard Fili say, "he just does not like that elven princess that you like to call a friend." He assured me, but I felt like it was partially my fault. What had I done that made Kili so angry?