Thranduil

Attara's POV

As we entered the halls of the woodland realm a wave of nervousness ran through me. I had not been in these halls for many years, and now the elves were holding my friends captive. If I just explain to Thranduil that the dwarves are my friends he will let us pass I thought to myself at least I hope he will.

I shuddered at that final thought. If Thranduil did not let us pass through his lands their is no way we could reach the Lonely Mountain by Durin's Day. We had come too far to not reach our destination in time. 

As the rest of the dwarves were taken to the dungeon, Thorin and I were lead towards King Thranduil's throne. My heart was racing, both with excitement at the thought of seeing the man who had become my second father and with fear that he would not let the dwarves pass. I was lead towards the throne first, and it seemed I was to get a private meeting with the elven king. As I climbed the familiar steps, my eyes met icy blue ones.

"Attara" Thranduil greeted me, "I did not thing you would be returning to my kingdom to soon, and in such company no less." he said with an unwavering stare. "Nonetheless, I am glad to see you are alive and well. Word had reached us about a recent orc attack on the human house you were inhabiting. We had begun to worry after not receiving word from you." He told me, a hint of the Thranduil I knew beginning to show through. 

"Ada" I addressed him, causing a smile to spread across his otherwise somber face, "I would have sent word of my travels had their been time, but I've rather been on the run for the past few months. After the orc attack on my most recent home I met the dwarves which you now hold in your dungeons" I paused allowing the silence to show how much distain I held about that situation, "and I have decided to help them with their quest." 

"And what quest is that?" Thranduil questioned, but something about the look on his face made me feel as though he already knew. 

"I will leave that for Thorin to discuss" I answered, "It is not my tale to tell." 

"Very well" Thranduil sighed, "I should have known you would be too stubborn to give me the answers I seek." He said with a smile. 

After a few moments more of catching up Thranduil and I said our goodbyes, Legolas appeared from a nearby corridor. "Come with me Atty" he began - I smiled a bit at the nickname he had given me as a child, "I will take you to your old quarters." 

"No" I replied sternly, "if my friends are to be kept in the dungeons that is where I will stay too. I will not return to my old rooms while they suffer in the dungeons." 

"Attara" Legolas tried again, "You cannot be serious. Why would you stay in a dank cell when you have a suite of rooms waiting for you?" he questioned. 

"I will not leave my friends to suffer alone, now take me to the dungeons or I will find my way there myself." I retorted as I started in the direction of the dungeons. 

After a brief moment I heard Legolas walking quickly to catch up. "I should have known Atty, your stubbornness is matched only by that of dwarves." He laughed as he lead the way.