Hunted

Attara's POV

¤

"Something's coming!" Thorin yelled.

¤

Gandalf tossed Thorin a sword as the rustling grew louder. At a brief glance I noticed it was of elven make, similar to mine. We all brandished our weapons, even little Bilbo who seemed to have found a sword of his own in the troll hoard.

¤

Just then something, or should I say someone, burst through the trees. He was riding his sled pulled by rabbits and looked like no one I had ever seen. His hair a birds nest - literally - and he was dressed in all brown.

¤

"Thieves! Fire! Murder!" He cried. He did not seem to be a threat, but our weapons remained drawn just in case.

¤

"Radagast!" Gandalf cried, a smile forming across his face "radagast the brown! What are you doing here?"
He asked.

¤

"I was looking for you" he explained. "Something's wrong. Something's terribly wrong" he explained a frantic look in his eyes.

¤

"Yes?" Galndalf asked ask we put our weapons away. This man seemed harmless, he barely even looked like a wizard to me.

¤

"It was right on the tile of my tongue" radagast explained. Curling his tongue "it a silly old" he paused

¤

Gandlaf then did something truly horrifying. He pulled a stick insect out of the mans mouth. 

¤

"Stick insect!" Radagast explained.

¤

I averted my eyes as my stomach clenched at the sight. Even the dwarves looked disguisted and taken aback at the sight.

¤

Then the mans face seemed to darken. "The Greenwood is sick Gandalf." He began "nothing grows anymore. At least nothing good. But worst of all are the webs"

¤

"The webs?" Gandalf asked.

¤

"Spiders Gandalf. Giant ones. They come from Dol Guldur." He said with a far off look.

¤

"Dol guldur?" Gandalf questioned, not seeming to believe radagast. "But the old fortress is abandoned.

¤

"No, Gandalf, it is not. A dark power dwells there. One that can summon the spirits of the dead. A necromancer has come." He exclaimed.

¤

As the conversation came to a close a howl came from the distance.

¤

"Was that a wolf? Are there - are there wolves out there?" Bilbo asked, visibly shaken by the sound.

¤

"Wolves? No that is not a wolf" Bofur responded.

¤

Just then a warg jumped out from a bush. Thorin quickly cut it down with his sword. Another jumped out and kili shot it with his bow. The hit did not kill it so Dwalin finished the job.

¤

A dwarf with a bow? That's unusual. Then it hit me. The arrow that felled the orc that could have killed me back at my old house. It had been Kili. He saved me. I didn't get to dwell for long before the commotion continued.

¤

"Warg-scouts! Which means an orc pack is not far behind." Thorin said with a scowl. My blood boiled at the thought, all thoughts of Kili completely pushed from my mind. Orcs had taken so much from me and I couldn't wait to get the change to take some revenge.

¤

"Who did you tell about your quest, beyond your kin?" Galdalf asked Thorin.

¤

"No one" Thorin retorted.

¤

"Who did you tell?" Galdalf repeated, more angrily this time.

¤

"No one, i swear. What in Durin's name is going on?" Thorin asked equally angry.

¤

"You are being hunted"