Spiders

Attara's POV

Two of the massive creatures headed straight for Bilbo as the other two headed towards me. I struggled against the webs holding me in place, but it was no use. As the two gigantic spiders approached, their fangs clicked menacingly. I could hear Bilbo struggling below me, but there was nothing I could do to help him. 

As the first spider reached me I did the only thing I could think to do, I blasted him with fire. He backed away quickly badly singed but nowhere near dead. Luckily the heat of the fire managed to melt the spider webs holding my right hand and arm, allowing my to draw my sword. 

The disgusting creature lunged towards me, enraged by the large burns on its face. I stabbed it quickly and it fell to the ground. I slashed through the next spider quickly as well, my thoughts on Bilbo and the rest of the party.

I carefully used my flames to melt the webs around me and free myself. As I looked around I realize I was alone - the dwarves and Bilbo were gone.

In the distance I could see one of the spiders carrying a huge white sack. I flew after it quietly, taking care not to be seen. As I watch, the spider carrying the sack opens its pinchers, but a sword suddenly stabs through the cocoon and spider - killing it. As the sword continued to cut through the sack, Bilbo emerged very disheveled but seemingly unharmed. I landed next to him.

We looked around and saw thirteen more cocoons hanging from the trees around us. Some of them were writhing wildly while others were completely still. I did not want to think about why some of them were so still. As we watched a  group of spiders gathered around one sack that was moving more than the others. When I look to my side, Bilbo is gone.

I was not given much time to think about this as the spiders were opening their pinchers, preparing to kill whoever was in that cocoon. Just as I was about to spring into action, a noise came from the distance. All the spiders turned towards it, and quickly ran in its direction. Only one remained, but it approached the sack pinchers wide and cut down the writhing mass.

I sprung into action, diving at the beast. I landed a hard blow across its head and readied myself for another attack. Suddenly it was like an invisible enemy was attacking the beast, and wounds appeared from nowhere. I blinked and Bilbo stood before the creature before stabbing it through its head and killing it. 

Bilbo and I worked together to cut down the dwarves quickly before the spiders returned. "How did you do that?" I hissed at him as we worked.

He shook his head in response, replying "I don't know what you're talking about." It was clear I would be getting no more answers from him.

Just as we managed to cut down all of the dwarves and remove as much of the cocoons as possible, the spiders returned.