Bravery Found

Attara's POV

¤

Silence fell around me as those word left his lips. The secret I had been struggling to hide all of my life was suddenly revealed. I had never worried about using multiple powers before - no one knew enough about us to know what that meant - but I finally met someone who did.

¤

"The little princess who got away." Azog snarled. "Or should I call you queen? Since I killed your entire family." I felt tears begin to sting my eyes. "But you're no more a queen than he is a king." Azog said gesturing towards Thorin. "I barely got to leave a scratch on you last time we met." He said. I instinctively reached for my back, where a long silver scar remained to this day. "I'll be sure to do better this time." Azog said as his warg lunged towards me.

¤

Before I was able to react the paw of the giant beast knocked me to the ground, claws digging into my shoulder. I felt part of my wing crumple beneath the weight. I cried out in pain. "Little fairy won't be able to fly so well anymore" azog snarled before turning back towards Thorin.

¤

Azog managed to strike Thorin with his mace, knocking him back yet again. The white warg clamped his jaw around thorin's body as I struggled to get up. Thorin used what seems to be the last of his strength to hit the beast in the head with the pommel of his sword, causing it to throw him. I tried my hardest to cushion his impact with air but he fell limp as he hit the ground, his sword flying out of his hand.

¤

Azog spoke to one of the other orcs, who approached Thorin knife in hand. He gripped Thorin by his hair and held a knife to his throat.

¤

"No!" I screamed. I used to last of my power thrust a gigantic flame in the orcs direction. It was no use. As my vision began to fade, I saw Bilbo tackle the orc. Stupid hobbit I thought to myself going to get yourself killed.

¤

My vision faded in and out and Bilbo and the orc fought. Finally my vision faded completely away to black.