On the Run Again

Attara's POV

¤

"We have to get out of here!" Dwalin cried.

¤

"We can't! We have no ponies; they bolted" ori informed him, a worried expression on his face.

¤

"I'll draw them off" radagast offered. I almost laughed in his face. How did he expect to draw them off on his little sled pulled by rabbits?

¤

"These are gundabag wargs; they will outrun you." Gandalf told him seriously.

¤

"These are Rhosgobel rabbits; I'd like to see them try." He said, a triumphant look on his face.

¤

After muttering a brief farewell to Gandalf radagast mounted his sled and rode off screaming for the orcs to follow him. They seemed to take the bait easily and ran after him without a thought.

¤

Once we were sure radagast had distracted them we began to creep away across a plain. We darted from rock to rock trying to remain behind cover as much as possible. We made it a decent distance before one warg seemed to catch our scent.

¤

He stopped and sniffed the air, landing on top of the bolder we were hiding behind. Thorin gave kili a look who nodded his head slightly. Kili took a deep breath before stepping out from behind the bolder and shooting the warg.

¤

We finished them off quickly, but not before they made enough noise to alert the rest of the orcs to our location. "The dwarf scum is over there!" We heard one of the call out.

¤

"Move! Run!" Gandalf yelled and took off across the plains. We ran together but soon we were surrounded. We readied ourselves to fight. Kili began shooting wargs and orcs alike that got too close.

¤

"Where's Gandalf?" He cried. As I looked around I noticed he was nowhere to be seen.

¤

"He has abandoned us!" Dwalin yelled.

¤

"Hold your ground!" Thorin ordered as the orcs began to close in.

¤

As all seemed lost gandalf appeared from a crack in the bolder begin us. "This way you fools!" He yelled. One by one the dwarves began to jump down the crack.

¤

Soon it was Thorin, Fili, and I left in the plane. "Go!" Thorin yelled to us. Kili and I jumped down with Thorin following close behind. My ribs screamed in pain as I slide down into what seemed to be a cave.

¤

A horn sounded from outside the cave. The body of an orc then came slidding down the crack we had just came through, and arrow sticking out of it. Thorin plucked the arrow out of its body and examined it before muttering "elves" irritably.

¤

Dwalin then noticed a pathway that lead off of the cave. "I cannot see where the pathway leads. Should we follow it?" He asked.

¤

"I think that would be wise" Gandalf advised.

¤

As we followed the path it eventually opened up to a beautiful valley with even more gorgeous buildings.

¤

Rivendell