Goblin Town

Attara's POV

¤

I woke to the feeling of falling, and yelled in surprise. All the dwarves were falling around me, it was all a trap I thought angrily. My side seared in pain as we slid to a stop in a huge wooden cage.

¤

Before I managed to fully realize what happened a horde of goblins surrounded us. We tried to fight back but they quickly overpowered us, there were simply too many of them.

¤

The goblin horde lead us through the tunnels of goblin town.  We passed through a maze of bridges, suspended platforms, and dark tunnels until we reached our final destinations - the platform where the goblin king sat.

¤

My stomach twisted as I took in the sight of the goblin king. He was huge, with sores covering his entire body. A grotesk smell radiated from the whole platform where he sat. I tried my best to not lose the contents of my stomach at the sight.

¤

"Who would be so bold as to come armed into my kingdom? Spies? Thieves? Assassins?" The goblin king asked.

¤

"Dwarves your melevolance" another goblin replied. "And a girl"

¤

"Dwarves?" The king questioned, a slight smirk playing on his disgusting face.

¤

"We found them on the front porch" the same goblin responded.

¤

"Well, don't just stand there; search them! Every crack, every crevice." The king commanded.

¤

The dwarves and I tenced at this. We each managed to slay a few goblins before they could get our weapons off of us. One goblin attempted to follow the kings every crevice order, but a quick blast of flame deterred him. The goblins threw our weapons into a pile at the goblin kings feet. I grimaced as I saw my beautiful elvish weapons treated so poorly.

¤

Once the commotion ended, the goblin king spoke again. "What are you doing in these parts? Speak!" As we all refused to respond he only grew angrier. "Well then, if they will not talk, we'll make them squawk!" He exclaimed "Bring out the mangler! Bring out the bone breaker! Start with the girl."

¤

At his final words a chill ran down my spine. Goblins swarmed me as machines or torture were being brought in. I tried to fend them off with my powers, but it was clearly a losing battle. I spread my wings in attempt to get away, but was pulled down before I could take flight.

¤

"No! Leave her be!" I heard someone yell. I turned to meet Kili's frantic eyes. I made one last attempt to free myself, but it was no use.

¤

Just then, Thorin stepped forward. "Wait" he commanded. The goblins who had been attacking me stepped back and looked to their leader.

¤

"Well, well, well look who it is. Thorin son of Thrain, son of Thror; king under the mountain." The goblin king said, as he mockingly bowed in thorin's direction. "Oh, but I'm forgetting, you don't have a mountain. And you're not a king. Which makes you nobody, really. I know somebody who would pay a pretty price for your head. Just the head, nothing attached." At these words the goblin kings smirk turned into a grin. "Perhaps you know of whom I speak, an old enemy of yours. A pale orc astride a white warg."

¤

It couldn't be I thought to myself. Thorin looked as taken aback as I felt. I felt hot rage rising to my face at his words. My skin began to glow and tingle, he was going to regret ever discussing the creature that had hurt me so much.

¤

Just as I was about to let all my power loose, I felt a hand on my arm. Oin looked at me sternly, "this is not a battle you can win on your own lass." He was right, I couldn't take down all of goblin town myself. I would kill myself attempting to do so, I did not have the strength with just my powers. I took a deep breath and attempted to remain calm.

¤

"Azog the defieler was destroyed. He was slain in battle long ago." Thorin said, maintaining his air of confidence.

¤

"So you think his deflieling days are done?" The goblin king asked, laughing. He then turned to me. "And you" he said "I know he would like nothing more than to finish the job he started so many years ago. One fairy closer to your extinction" A chill ran down my spine. "Send word to the pale orc; tell him I have found his prize, and a little bonus." He commanded a goblin, who hurried away.