Thanks Overdue

Attara's POV

¤

"Ay lassy you're back!" I heard gloin call out as I approached the group.

¤

"And looking good too." Dwalin winked before laughing. I chuckled lightly myself before joining the circle of dwarves.

¤

They were sitting around a fire, it seemed they had not be impressed by the elven feast as they were cooking their own food. I leaned back against a pillar and took in the scene before me.

¤

As my eyes traveled around the circle, they met warm brown ones. Kili was across the circle from me, staring with his mouth slightly agape. As I met his gaze I raised my eyebrows, causing him to shut his mouth and look away quickly.

¤

Wings still catch him by surprise huh I thought to myself and cracking a smile. When I looked back at him his cheeks had reddened, and he looked away quickly when our eyes met. That reminded me-

¤

"Kili." I said as I stood "can I speak to you for a moment?" He nodded, still blushing slightly, and followed me reluctantly.

¤

Once we were far enough from the group I stopped. We were in another courtyard similar to the one we had just left but this one was deserted. I turned to face him meeting his nervous eyes.

¤

"I never got to thank you." I started. He looked surprised at my words.

¤

"For what?" He asked.

¤

"You saved me back at my house. If you hadn't shot that orc I don't know what would have happened." I said seriously.

¤

His eyes returned to their normal state, sparkling a bit with humour. "Oh it was nothing." He laughed "always willing to help a lovely damsel in distress." He said smirking.

¤

"Dwarves" I muttered chuckling. A slight breeze blew, flowing through my hair and over my wings. I stretched them appreciatively, it felt amazing to be able to walk around with them out freely. 

¤

I noticed Kilis eyes had landed on my wings as I moved them. I fluttered them lightly to lift myself off the ground a little, and his eyes widened. I laughed lightly as I landed, messing with these dwarves sure was fun.

¤

Kili's face then changed from awe to a more serious look. "Atara, how did lord Elrond know you?" He inquired.

¤

I sighed, knowing questions like this would come up. "During my time with the elves of mirkwood we would travel here occasionally." I responded, keeping to the bare minimum detail.

¤

"How many people know about you?" He questioned, his expression changing from serious to more curious.

¤

"Not many outside of the elves. Long ago our people were good friends." I told him.

¤

"Are there many more like you?" He asked.

¤

"There used to be many." I began "now I do not know how many are left, but we are few in number." I said sadly.

¤

His took my hand gently as his eyes found mine, matching them in sadness. Normally I would have pulled away, but in this moment the support he provided was well needed.

¤

"I'm sorry." He began, trying to console me.

¤

"Don't be." I replied simply "I should not be complaining when you lost your home as well."

¤

It wasnt fair for me to dump my problems on him, especially when he was faced with a similar struggle. I pulled my hand away quickly, feeling I overstepped.

¤

"We should return to the group." I told him, as I quickly turned to walk back towards the other courtyard.

The Fifteenth Member जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें