SEVENTEEN

Lucille "Lucky"🍀

The rain washed away the little cold weather that was in Harlem. Now, everything was just humid and wet. Still, Lucky was able to sit out on the stoops and smoke.

Her feet tapped against the concrete as she pulled on her blunt. She held the smoke in just to savor it. She noticed that a familiar girl was walking across the street towards her way, Lucky exhaled the smoke and sucked her teeth.

"Biiitch!" The girl called out while showing off her pearly whites.

"What's up, Jenny?"

Jenny walked over and leaned on the stoop rail while scanning Lucky over. She couldn't believe how fast Lucky changed in just a year. She was no longer skinny-she had definitely picked up a few pounds. She was sitting on the stoops dressed in a shirt with some waistband shorts and slides. Jenny noticed that Lucky's ass was showing through her shorts and she couldn't help but to be turned on a little.

"You know me...I'm out here grinding." Jenny replied back while running her fingers through her blonde colored hair. Clearly her hair was naturally black but she added color to it.

"What you doing?" Lucky asked with a head nod. "Still scamming?"

Lucky noticed the little expensive shit she had on. Jenny was carrying around an iPhone X with the Apple Watch to match it. Her clothing was expensive but yet comfy. She was dressed down in a black Balmain shirt with leggings and some Balmain sneakers to match her fit.

Jenny pursed her pink full lips and placed her eyes on Lucky. "Bitch no, I got my own little side hustle. I do nails and makeup."

"Oh yeah?"

"For real though." Jenny assured her. "I got my own nail shop...it's on Lenox Avenue."

"Alright." Lucky was in total shock. She wanted to know how the broad end up getting her own fucking nail shop. She knew Jenny since the ninth grade and she was always treacherous when money was involved. At fifteen, Lucky remembered seeing Jenny with multiple credit-cards, EBT cards, and cash. She would take Lucky out to McDonald's and sometimes she would buy her a clothes and shit.

Lucky was just surprised to see Jenny's so-called growth. She didn't want to believe her until she placed her eyes on Jenny's shop. She knew that the girl could lie.

"I'll have to check it out. I really need my nails done." Lucky looked down at her natural nails and noticed that they were in good condition. They were all even and she had clear polish on them to keep them from cracking.

"Stop by...I'll do your shit for free. Just because you're an old friend of mine."

Lucky's eyes widen as she sat up and flicked her roach into the wet road. "For real?" She said after blowing out the little smoke she was holding in. "What's the name of your shop?"

"Jenneva's Glam Bar." Jenny replied back while looking at her phone. "You should come down and see what the deal is. I do makeup, waxes, and nails. It'll be on me."

"Shit." Lucky smirked, showing her braces. "Since you put it that way, I'll be at your shop tomorrow."

Jenny smiled while taking a seat beside Lucky. "That's what I like to hear."

They sat there for a while and talked until Jenny brought up a nerve-wrecking topic.

"So...I heard you had Gunner killed, did you?"

"What? Where you hear that from?" Lucky asked with an eye roll. She was a little agitated by Jenny's question. She was tired of people asking her that bullshit. She didn't kill Gunner-Silas and his boy Teddy pulled the trigger, not her. She was just an innocent bystander. She had no idea that Gunner owed Ramses money for drugs that he got credit for.