TWENTY-ONE

Let's pretend like it's a year and some months...since Lucky said a year and some months to Seven.

•••
Lucky sighed while reaching over to turn the radio down. Bliss furrowed her eyebrows, but she didn't say anything. She knew that Lucky wasn't in the mood to be singing and shit. Silas was laying up in a hospital bed-hanging on to his life.

Kolby had informed Lucky about Silas getting badly injured, but she wasn't able to leave until the next day. She had been calling Kolby about Silas, but it was always the same old line.

He's stable. He's stable. He's stable.

Now, she was able to get Bliss to take her to Philly-thank God her friend had a good-working car. Briana and Seven decided to tag along as well. They were sitting in the back together singing and shit-getting on Lucky's last nerve.

"Rude. I was listening to that." Briana spoke up while looking at her sister.

"I don't want to hear all of that right now. I got way too much on my mind." Lucky replied while rubbing her aching eyes.

"I'm sure Silas is straight." Bliss reasoned, trying to lighten up the mood.

Lucky shook her head. "He's stable. That's all they're saying right now. He got shot multiple times and ended up in a bad car accident. I don't know what to think right now."

"You said you was over him. Why are you going way out here to see him anyways?" Seven asked nosily while wrinkling her nose.

"Seven...now is not the time." Bliss stated. She knew that Lucky wasn't in the mood for playing around. Lucky would probably punch Seven in her mouth for fucking with her.

"I'm just asking." Seven replied back while holding her hands out. "The other day she was ranting and saying fuck that nigga."

Lucky rolled her eyes upwards. "I don't really feel the need to explain myself to you, but I'm going to break it down since you've always had learning problems."

She bit her bottom lip before explaining, "That's just how I cope with my feelings towards him. I'm not the type to cry in front of people and express my feelings-hell its hard for me to do that. Just because I scream 'fuck that nigga' doesn't mean I really don't care about him. I love Silas-he's the first guy I've ever fallen for."

Everybody was shook-they weren't expecting Lucky to just up and spill her feelings out like that. Bliss glanced over at her since she was driving. Both Briana and Seven were both exchanging looks as well.

"I just...don't want him to die. I should've gave him another chance." Lucky continued while fidgeting with her fingers. "I'm so fucking stubborn." She whispered under her breath.

Bliss reached over and placed her hand on Lucky's leg. "None of this is your fault. It seems like you're trying to blame yourself."

"Feels like it though." Lucky replied back. "He was...trying his best to get back with me. He was begging me, buying me gifts, pouring out his feelings, and I just sat there like a log in water. I didn't give a fuck. Now, I feel like he's suffering because of me. His head wasn't on straight and that's probably why somebody caught him slipping."

"It's not your fault though." Briana butted in. "Silas knows that being in the streets causes repercussions."

"He's not even in the streets like that." Lucky reasoned. "He just works for his dad-you know that."

"Well, maybe he's beefing with somebody." Seven stated, wanting to be in the conversation too.

"I don't know." Lucky shrugged her shoulders as she leaned back in her seat. "I don't even want to talk about it anymore."