Chapter 1 - Goodbye Home, Hello Bronx

"Goodmorning Sunshine" says my mother as she plants a kiss on my forehead. The smell of breakfast smacks me when I reach the kitchen, which made a smile form on my face until I remembered this would be the last time this would happen. My father is sitting down reading his newspaper at his usual spot, and I take a seat at mine. As I'm sitting, my brother enters the kitchen. Max is 2 years younger than me, making him 12. "For God's sake, this family is torn, it's our last day together, and I don't understand why everyone is acting so godamn casual about it!" Max spits out angrily. My brother is the opposite of me, he speaks his mind, I wish I could be a little more like him. " Because this is our last day, lets make it feel normal, in just an hour we are leaving and then that's it. Goodbye to this beautiful family we once had." My mom said, not even exactly to my brother, but to the eggs in general. "But that makes this whole thing worse -" my dad cuts Max off and says "What worse can it get?" At that, they all shut up, and my mother served everyone her delicious pancakes and eggs. Once she finished serving she took her seat next to me, and we started eating quietly. The rest of our breakfast was just like that, quiet and tense; far from normal.

"Text, call, Skype, anything but don't forget about me." said my brother, while I was enveloped in his bone - crushing hug. " I sure will Max. I'm gonna miss you soo much" I replied between breaths. He finally let go of me and handed me a box. I opened it, and found a dog - tag necklace that read

Lisa & Max
BSF (Best Siblings Forever)

I had to hold back tears as I read this, I loved my brother, and he was my bff and bsf. God, I was going to miss him so badly.

"Alright, alright, let me give my honeybun her hug" said my dad. Seriously, these two just wanted to see me cry. I was going to miss my dad so much. And I don't blame my dad or my mother for this separation, Im old enough to understand this by now. I give my dad a long hug and I seriously don't want to let him go. After about a good minute, my mom breaks in with her cracked voice, "Alright, alright, we have to go. The car is out there waiting." I wipe a tear from my eye before my dad lets go. But just as quick as I performed this action, tears started pouring from my eyes. "Don't cry honeybun, we will see each other all the time, atleast twice a month, don't cry, your going to make me cry." My dad said and I noticed my parent's eyes were bloodshot and Max was also tearing like crazy trying to cover up for his eyes. "I love you both, goodbye now" I said, and I quickly walked away because I knew that if I stayed longer, it would hurt more.

The whole car ride was silent, and we spent 30 minutes looking for a parking space. Im just kidding, it was only 10, but being exaggerated was just part of my nature. Yet I don't use it much, with who would I be exaggerated to if I spoke to barely no one?

Aafter a while of looking for the building, Maria was outside waiting for us, and as soon as she looked up from her phone, she noticed us and nearly jumped on us with excitement. "Hi guys! I have been waiting forever! Im so glad to see ya! This is going to be such a fun year! Finally, new members in the apartment!" she screeched. She hugged my mom first and then me. After that, she lead us upstairs. God, this was going to be worse than I thought. Maria is louder, crazier and more obnoxious than she ever was, and I didn't exactly enjoy that, but oh well .