Chapter 9 - A Magical Place

~1 Month Later~

Initiation went well, I got in, I'm part of them now, and it feels great. I now have a group of people who have my back no matter what, a group of people who are fearless, who can't get hurt by anyone. I have Stephanie, my new best friend who is always by my side helping and guiding me. I have learned so much from the first day of school to now, I'm so different and I love the new me. The Bronx that I used to be so afraid of, is now my home.

Smoking a good blunt always helps me feel so relaxed, so free. I'm alone in the back portion of the building, it looks like a garden. Its the most beautiful place I have ever been in, and it is amazing to be here by myself and just think. Soon the garden would be covered by snow.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Asks a familiar voice, interupting my thoughts. "Yeah it is." I said without looking back. I wasn't so nervous, the weed helped relax my nerves. I haven't spoken to Jake since initiation when I had to give him a lap dance. He sat down next to me and started speaking again. "This is a place I came to even before entering the gang. I always came here by myself and seperated myself from reality. It was never a place I liked to share, but now that you know of it, would you believe me if I told you something?" I was surprised he was even speaking to me, nevertheless want to share a secret with me. We always hated each other, as far as I knew. "Sure." I responded, not sure of what else to say. "It's enchanted."

"Enchanted, haha so funny." I saw sarcastically and looked at him. He loomed me in the eye, it felt wierd, I felt like i was being sucked in by his pupils. 

"I'm deadass, here I'll show you." He offered his hand for me to take. I was iffy, but I gave in. His touch felt weird and it send tingles around my body.

We walked towards a place full with tall plants and bushes. We walked in, and he made way for us. Soon i felt like we walked miles until we reached our spot. It was amazing. It was like a beautiful garden, better than the one we were at before. I stood looking at it in awe. Trees had dangling vines with flowers everywhere. Tiny white petals came out of midair like light snow in the winter.

"Its beautiful isn't it?" He interupted.

"Its a-a-amazing"  was speachless.

He walked us a little forwards, and we reached a beach. Everything seamed to just slowly appear from midair. He helped me sit on a rock.

"You like it?" He asks

"I love it" i responded.

"I want to apologize for how I treated you and what I did to you. I can't even sleep right just thinking about it and it makes me feel less of a man."

Honestly, I didn't know what to say. I had felt so hurt for all this time and I saw him as such a terrible person. But people change, and his apology sounded so genuine.

"Fine, I'll forgive you, under one condition"

"Shit, i hate conditions. What is it though?"

"Lets start over. Like nothing happened. Lets pretend we met a few minutes ago, when you decided to bring me here." At that, he smiled. His smile was beautiful.

"I like that condition"

"My name is Lisa" I took out my hand for him to shake and he did the same.

"And I'm Jake, nice to meet you"

Jake POV

It felt different, apologizing, starting over. Today I noticed how nice of a person she is. She should have never accepted my apology after all I did to her. And today, I saw her differently. I want to know more about her. Her troubles, her goods and bads. I want to protect her, so no one can hurt her the way I did.