Chapter 13 - Confessions

"Baby girl how did the date night go?" Maria wasn't her usual self though. She didn't have on any makeup and was in sloppy home clothes. She wasn't hype while asking me. "Wheres tia and mami?" The house sounded really empty. "They went out with some friends." She sighed out. "Ok, now tell me what's wrong." "Nothing" "Yes something is wrong, this isn't the usual Maria I know, God you can trust me! I'm always here for -" "I'm pregnant. There, I said it. " she collapsed on the couch and broke out crying. It hurt seeing her like that. That brought a pain in my stomach. I couldn't tell her yet, she needed me. "Baby its alright, we will figure this out. The world isn't over yet, and we can find the best option for you." I rubbed her back as I hugged her tightly. "My mom is going to be so mad, shes going to hate me. This was product of me loosing my virginity and being completely careless." She told me when she took a breath. "She might be a little dissapointed, but it will quickly go away because she loves you." I almost started crying as I said this. I didn't know how my mother would react to my pregnancy. "I hope so, because I'm planning to keep this baby." She rubbed her belly. "I guess we will be baby buddies." She slowly looked up at me with a wierd look that showed surprise, confusion, and so many other things. "What?!" She said with a evil tone and hype finish. "I found out today that I'm pregnant." I said softly looking away. "That's awesome news baby girl!!! We are going to be prego partners and our children are going to be bestfriends!!! I don't have to go through this alone. I'm not the only one who has to deal with a pregnancy so -"

"You are what?!!" Her mom yelled out. I looked over at Maria who swallowed the lump in her throat. "Shit." She wispered out that only I could hear. "Maria what the hell!!! What the fuck was that I heard? Your pregnant?" She yelled. OMG, let me run away NOW! "The fuck did I ever do wrong? Should I have done things differently? I raised you with respect, I taught you better. God -" I was not going to let her think this. "Elsa! You didn't do anything wrong. Maria made a mistake that she feels completely humiliated by, and instead of supporting her and helping her out, you are making her feel even worse. Every parent wants their child to be the person that they couldn't have been when they were young. What age did you have Maria? Instead of yelling at her, you should listen to her and what she has to say. Cause at the end of the day, she is your daughter and your her mother and all you could do at this point is -"

"What is going on here? What is all this yelling about?" My mom finally pops into the picture. Where was she? Whatever.

Everything got so quiet that we could practically hear a pin drop. "I understand." Elsa practically whispered. "Understand what?" Mom looked so doumbfounded. "Mom." I said lightly then shut up. "What?! Guys please don't leave me like this. What is going on?"

"We are pregnant!" Maria blurted. Shit! I wasn't ready for that. "What?! Who? You and who?" Omg I'm not ready. Wait, I have to get this over with. "Mom, I am." I broke out crying and she rushed to go hug me. She understood, and I'm so grateful for that.

*laying in bed, 2 in the morning*

Pregnant. A baby to take care of, to look after. A new life growing from inside me. But there is so much I don't know yet, how could I be a mother. How could I carry on this huge responsibility? How will I be able to mantain this baby? I don't even know the dad so I could get on child support. I wouldn't even take the money for me, but strictly to suport this baby. I doubt Jake will be up to be a fatherly figure.

*bzz bzz bzz bzz* who would be texting me right now? I check my cell phone and its Stephanie. She texted this to the whole gang cause its a group chat.

Next friday we have our anual ritual. First we have a bike race, and then we break into the Jewel Shop. See ya!

Shit! Pregnant girls can't do this stuff. Well, I have to go to get my last memory with them.