Chapter 12 - Surprises

Weeks passed by, everything was so subtle. Jake takes care of me, I have strict curfews and mom is checking on me like crazy. Today I'm going on a date with Jake and I am extremely nervous. I don't know where he is taking me, but I have a good guess. I put on my clothes, clip my hair and wait paitently for Jake. Like on cue, my doorbell rings, startling me and making me fall off my bed. My clumsy ass. My mom is alright with me being with Jake. She sees that he cares, and protects me like he is my brother. I don't want him to be like a brother, but more like a boyfriend. Everytime I am with him, my body gets weak, yet I feel completely comfortable with him. I run to the door giggling to myself. As soon as I open the door he says "Well you look beautiful today." Everything he does or says just puts me on edge and I love it. "Thank you, lets go." I respond and in no time we were at our destination.

He took me to our secret place, but this time we reached a beautiful resturant. We sat outside and the night air filled my lungs. He was such a gentleman, pulled out my chair and everything. "What do you want to eat?" I looked over the menu and my mouth was aleady watering. Everything sounded so delicious. I ended up choosing the barbeque ribs with fries. Jake also chose the same as me. Great minds think alike.

"So how is everything going?" He asks me. "Same as always. School home and repeat. Sometimes I want to go out and do as always, yet everytime a boy even brushes past me, I feel it again and want to run away. I hate this." I spoke honestly. "Do you want a councelor you can speak to or something. I can find a wat to get you therapy." He says. I quickly snap back, "I'm not fucking crazy." His suggestion got me so mad. Who was he to call me crazy. "Baby I'm not saying that you are, I just want to help you. I hate seeing you suffer like this. Plus, therapies aren't for crazy people, it's just someone who you can vent to." He placed his hand on mine and his words made me shiver. Becaus he just called me baby. Baby? That was only an affectionate name placed to a person who you truely care about and want them in your life, right. "Baby? Did you just say that?" I asked with a flat tone. "Look, I have been trying to ask you for a while now, and its why I asked you out on this date. Do you want to be my girlfriend?" Wait, what? OMG!!! He did not just ask that! I was speechless. We stared at each others eyes and I could see the love glint in his eyes, and soon it changed to something else; dissapointment. Wait, no. He couldnt think I didn't want to be his girlfriend. "Yes." At that, his eyes lit up and he gave me that beautiful award winning smile of his and started laughing. It almost seemed like he just pranked me. Did he? But it wasn't a joking laugh, it was a sweet one. "Thank you. I Love you so much. Each second that past you got me thinking I didn't stand a chance." At that I let out my breath. I then smiled too. "Good. You had me worried this was all a prank." He reached over to give me a kiss. His soft lips worked wonders on mine and he bit my bottom lip, asking to get access into my mouth. I opened up for him and I could feel him smirking against my lips. His tongue slid against mine causing a whole zoo in my stomach. A soft moan escaped my lips. A soft cough was heard and we pulled away from each other. Our waitress stood in front of us with a smirk on gis face and with our food in his hands. I fealt my blood rush to my cheeks with embarasment. He gave us our food, "Enjoy your dinner." And like that, he left chuckling to himself. Jake burst out laughing and i followed short after. When I looked at the food though, I felt a sudden disgust. I didnt want the food anymore and it looked disgusting on my plate. Jake on the other hand was dogging the food. I saw a drip coming down his jaw and it looked disgusting. He swallowed and asked "whats wrong? This is delicious." He went back to eating his food and my stomach did a flip. "Excuse me" I  stood up and ran to the restroom. As soon as I got in, I threw up in the first stall I found. As I barfed, I felt hands grab my hair. I was scared at first but realized that he was just trying to help get the hair out my face. When I finished, I got up and walked to the sink. I mumbeled a thank you under my breath. I washed my mouth with the sink water. I was so embarrassed. "Did you eat anything today that might have upset your belly?" As I thought about it, I thought of nothing. Hold up, did he say belly?? My eyes widened and I turned to look at Jake. I swallowed the lump in my thoat, yet my voice came out a whisper. "Belly." I stated. Jake seemed confused, but then it hit him too. "I missed my period, and I've been feeling dizzy lately. 

A box appeared on the wall and he took a pregnancy test out. "Here." He handed me it to me. My eyes started watering and my hands shaked as I took it in my hands. "I can wait outside if you'd like."

"No, I need you. Please." That made him stay. I took my time and when finished I came out. "What is it?" Jake asked. "We have to wait." I responded. I lay the test on the sink and Jake reached over to me and hugged me. That was exactly what I needed at the moment. I already felt my nerves soothing. He wispered in my ear "I'm always here for you okay. If anything, I am the father. At this I couldn't help but cry. I have this amazing guy thats willing to do all this for me. I never would have thought he would end up falling for a girl like me. He caressed my cheeks and then gave me a kiss. The beeping began, and my nerves grew back up. I started shaking. "Hey, everything is going to be fine." He picked up the tool that told me my future. When he saw it, he swallowed a lump in his throat. I quickly took it from his hand. Yes, I was pregnant. At least my mother wouldnt be dissapointed because she knew I was rapped. But besides that, I'm pregnant, and just when I felt my life was getting better, it went on a downhill. I thought I would be able to forget all about my rape, but now I will have a constant reminder. All these parties, this new look, this tough self, for a baby.

Surprise! :'(