Chapter Three

TYSM for completing the target within a day...........I'm really overwhelmed at the response I'm getting for this one, it really boosts my spirit to write more

So here I present the third chapter of the series............Read, Vote, Comment.........and let me know how you find the story is going?...............Inline comments are most welcome

********************************

Chapter Three

SONA'S P.O.V.

It was a chilly December night when I went into labor..........there was no one around to help me out..........I managed to grab the wall for support as I made my way towards the night stand which was place a little further from the chair I had been seated in, all this while.........thankfully I managed to grab my phone and dial Ele's number, my darling friend, the world abandoned me but she didn't...........how would I be able to payback her debt?

"Ele...........I...........I'm in pain........I guess it's time...........what do I do now?"

She panicked on hearing me out.........Lord, why do I always have to trouble her........poor soul, I didn't even inform her once before taking this plunge with Dev........and now she's the only one I have to rely upon...........why Lord why?........why do I always be a reason for troubles in lives of people I love the most.........

"Sona listen, don't panic ok.........just relax and take deep breaths.........I'll be there soon..........you just lie down and wait for me to arrive..........don't do anything stupid and yes, don't get scared"

Ask her how to calm me down in a moment of crisis like this one.........she would never fail to guide you...........I could hear her closing the door behind her as I understood that she must have already left her apartment and made way to my place........

I cut the call and managed to lie down on my bed, I will not loose hope.........I will not be scared..........this baby is totally dependent on me for its life...........it's a part of my flesh and I will see to it that I bring it into this world without causing it any harm.........so what if your father doesn't bother about you baby..........your mother does..........trust me........

The ambulance arrived within a few minutes and I was rolled out to the ward in less than an hour..........Ele was constantly besides me as I could feel her palms sweating as she held on to mine for good of our lives..........she was my only support system at this hour, and I knew she would never betray me out of all the rest...........

"call her husband or any relative quickly.........we need their signatures for the further procedure.........make it soon or else we won't be responsible if she succumbs......."

Doctors!!!!!!!medical staff!!!!!!!!!!!rules and regulations.......... Couldn't we just chuck them for once..........why do we always have to follow the rules.........why do they always have to insist on family members signing the forms...........why can't they allow people who actually care for us decide..........when will they understand that there are a few relationships which matter more than being related by blood..........one such relationship is friendship.........a bond which I share with Ele.........

"look doctor I understand, you have to follow certain rules..........but the thing is that right now she doesn't have any of family members supporting her.........I'm a friend and I do care for her as much as anyone related to her would do..........why can't you allow me to sign the papers?"

Ele stood there, battling it out for me.........I felt amazed at their mentality.........they could watch the world end before their eyes but couldn't bend on their rules.........they could see a women writhing in labor pain but couldn't move ahead and relieve her off it.........do hell with their rules..........they are all selfish, just like the people who used me for their benefit and dumped me later on......