Chapter Twenty Two

Update!!!!!Update!!!!!Update!!!!

The next one is up here and this is the second-last one in the series, which means there's one more part to go before the epilogue...........so let's all enjoy reading this last league of #Emboldened............

_____________________

Chapter Twenty Two

ELENA'S P.O.V.

Dev assured me that Shona and Avni will be back only by afternoon for lunch, so we have a good 3 hours before I tell him all what I have been holding back in my heart all these years............with that I wiped off my tears and started narrating the horrific tale which led Shona to be separated from her child and forced me to change my identity and live a lifestyle I despised the most...........

It all began the day when Sameer spotted Sona on the road roaming around lost............she was thrown out of her house by her dad..........she collided with Ved's car while trying to escape Sameer...........that day was the most horrific day of our lives..........

******FLASHBACK******

"Ele...........I...........I'm in pain........I guess it's time...........what do I do now?"

I panicked on hearing out her painful voice............she had gone into labor and there was no one to help her out..........she was alone at home which didn't belong to us at all.........it was let out to us by Ved just because he was still feeling guilty of knocking Sona down with his car in her 6 months pregnant state........

"Sona listen, don't panic ok.........just relax and take deep breaths.........I'll be there soon..........you just lie down and wait for me to arrive..........don't do anything stupid and yes, don't get scared"

I rushed towards the apartment, taking utmost care not to be noticed by Sameer...........I knew he had been constantly lurking around somewhere there, just with a hope to get a glimpse of me so that he could follow me to reach Sona..........I would never give that chance to that monster........

I hired a cab and reached the apartment to shift Shona to the hospital..........I had called up the ambulance long back so as soon as I got into the apartment I managed to take a sobbing Sona to a local hospital............Ved had asked me to call him up if need arises but then I couldn't take the risk of taking Sona to a well-known hospital.........Sameer could easily track us down.......

But as we got there, the doctors refused to operate Sona, they felt she was carrying an illegitimate child, that was the reason why none of her relatives were accompanying her...........I somehow managed to convince them that she had agreed to be a surrogate partner to some well known couple and they had back out the last moment and thus there was no one to accompany her.......

They asked me to get their signature on the consent papers........I lied yet again that they didn't wish their identity to be disclosed and they will not be coming to the hospital..........bribing the nurse, I managed to take the papers outside and signed on it as Elena, the surrogate mother and Aarohi, her accompanying friend.........one mistake I did was writing down her name as Sonakshi.........something which attracted Sameer's attention.......

Sona had just managed to deliver her child when I saw Sameer lurking in and trying to search through all the rooms to find Sona........I alerted Sona and together we decided to hide Pia in the general ward for new-born orphans........me and Sona fled away, with the help of Ved's driver who had by then reached the hospital as Ved's watchman had informed him about Sona being shifted to the hospital by me.......