Chapter Nineteen

I know the target for the last two chapters has yet to be achieved, but it doesn't matter coz we all know, board exams are going on and people have taken a much-needed break from Wattpad.................so I guess I will forego the targets right now with a hope that they will be all completed once the exams are over............

so all the best to all those who will be appearing for the boards, rock the world champs!!!!!!!

.......................................

Chapter Nineteen

DEV'S P.O.V.

We were driving back to Shona's apartment when a thought struck me, what if Elena had been lying to us all this while, what if there was another side to the story she had been feeding Shona all this years............I couldn't speak aloud my doubts infront of Shona, she was very much disturbed right now, telling her something against her bestie could further worsen the matter..........

Shona, can I ask you something?..........ofcourse, if you don't mind!!!!!!

She turned her head towards me as she blinked her eyes in response to urge me to go ahead..........gulping my saliva, I hesitantly put forth my question........

Have you seen Pia atleast once?...........I mean you just told me that she has been kept away from you since birth, that Elena had been taking care of her all this while and that till yesterday you weren't even aware that Sameer had her with him............I was just curious to know if you know how she looks or if you have a pic of hers, so that it'll be easier for the cops to find her.........

She looked taken aback by my sudden query, seemed like she was thinking hard about it, or rather she hadn't ever thought about it till now.............

I have seen her when she was born, I have held in my arms, my child was so tiny, I can still remember her faint cries...........God, why did I even leave her alone.........

She sobbed silently as my heart went out to her, if only the fate hadn't been as cruel as it had been, our child would have been with us today, and we three would have made a happy family.............

Sshh..........quite baby, I know you are saddened by what has been happening around us for a while.............I know you have gone through a lot...........but then this is not the time get emotional and break down..........we have to be strong if we have to find our Pia............now common calm down and tell me, have you seen her even once after Elena took her away?

I wiped her tears and held her close to my chest.............she snuggled into my hold, letting out all our worries into the thin of the air............

I have heard her voice, once when I had called Elena..........she was crying and Ele's Mom was trying to put her to sleep............I asked Ele to pass on the phone to her.............I sang a lullaby to my baby and she slept after that........apart from that I have never seen her, however much I wished to, I was always scared of Sameer harming her..............if only I knew this was going to happen sooner or later..........

She broke into wails again as I let her weep her heart out............her tears dampened my shirt as she dozed off weeping against my chest............people will probably call her a uncaring mother for not even trying to meet her child once after her birth...........but if you ask me, I see a selfless lady who took the pain of staying away from her child years after giving birth to her, just in order to protect her from that demon............the child ofcourse doesn't know who was her mother, but Shona definitely knew her child.............a known separation is much bitter than an unknown one.............