Chapter Eighteen

This chapter is dedicated to a new-found friend mentioned in the dedication column, let's all wish this pure soul as its his/her birthday today(sorry I don't know the person personally)........also this one comes after my long hiatus, so hopefully it'll be up to the mark......pardon me for the errors, as I have not proof read it.........

...........................................

Chapter Eighteen

DEV'S P.O.V.

She was quiet...............extremely quiet..............it looked like a calm before the storm..............she had a storm building up within her.............a storm which was abstained from exploding for all this while...........a storm which could erupt into a deadly life-threatening disaster anytime soon.............

I kept on caressing her hair, soothing her mind and assuring her that all would be fine.............we had seated ourselves on the backseat of the car as she leaned on the window to smother her raging heart.............she avoided looking into my eyes, wonder what sort of guilt she held in her heart............maybe the guilt of letting go Pia right after her birth.............I wish I would be there with her that time, I wish I could..........

She straightened a bit as she saw the car approaching the venue...........she quickly leapt forward to place her hands in mine, her sweaty hands depicted how scared she was...........maybe not for herself, maybe not for me, maybe for our Pia...........

I won't let him do anything bad............dare he tries to harm my child, I will kill him..............he will regret the moment when he came into our lives..........

Pulling her into my firm embrace, I kissed her hair repeatedly to calm her down instantly.............she did dwell into the hold, relaxing herself a bit...........her heart beats got back to normal, her face was less contorted now............she seemed more assured about my capabilities rather than hers to be precise...........

Shhh.........Shona...........everything's going to be fine............and he will N.O.T. do anything ok............as long as I'm there with you, that brute will not even be able to inflict the slightest pain to Pia.............so just relax and think about the things I have told you before leaving your place.........you have to be alert if you have to extract Pia's location from him...........so be confident.........

She wiped her tears and looked into my eyes to gather some sort of courage..............I slowly pecked her forehead, ensuring the driver wasn't really watching us............she blushed a bit before curling up in my embrace..........lord, I wish Pia would be back with us soon...........please lord, let my family be complete and happy all the way...........

******FLASHBACK******

SONA'S P.O.V.

now listen to what I say carefully............you have to go to the place Sameer has asked you to be at..........don't let him know that you are nervous or with someone..........just pretend to be normal and yes, be confident..........and always remember that I will be there around............I will not leave you alone, not even for a second..........you know that right..........

He cupped my face, aligning it with his face...........his hot breath fanned my face, making my quivering lips even more aware of our proximity..........my eyes dropped as my cheeks tainted to the highest shade of crimson...........he seemed to be very well aware of my state.........he quickly moved a little away from me, flicking his thumb over my cheek..........

I know you are still little uncomfortable around me...........but that's okay..........we haven't really been together for quite a long time..........so you really can't expect things to get back to normal right away...........let's take each day as it comes.........so just relax..........

Book Two : Emboldened (Completed)✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें