Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One

DEV'S P.O.V.

The week passed by just like that............Avni continued her stay with us enthusiastically while me and Shona were trying our best to spend each moment with her, enjoyably............

We took her around different places which she had heard of in her picture books.........we felt a part of us being born again as our cutie squealed in joy every time she came across a place or thing of her choice...........we both knew we were trying to find our Pia in her.............

Sameer had refused to change his statement..........the police had been keeping us on a track as usual............any amount of threats and torture couldn't compel him to speak the truth.............guess he wished for our sorrows more than his peaceful life.........

Finally it was the day when Ved and Elena were supposed to leave for Chennai.........Shona was certainly not aware of this as astonishingly, her bestie Elena had not even called her once during this past one week...........Shona would keep nagging me to call up Ved and find out if Elena was ok as she was not even picking up her calls...........and here I was waiting for the right moment, to confront Elena alias Aarohi Singhania...........

Finally the day arrived, I was expecting a sudden visit from Elena...........I knew she would come back to take Avni............and I was just waiting for her to walk into my trap............I purposely asked Shona to take Avni along with her to office..........Shona was reluctant initially but later on she agreed...........after seeing of my two beautiful girls, I waited back at home to welcome her highness, Elena!!!!!!!

Avni.............baby where are you?..........see Mumma's here to take you........come soon we have to go back home...........we'll miss the flight baby, come soon.........

She walked past ignoring me, maintaining my poise, I kept sitting on the couch as she had a tour of our apartment on her own and when she couldn't find either Shona or Avni, she came back...........without any option left, she asked me rudely........

Where's Avni..........tell her I'm here to take her along, ask her to come out fast.....

Woah!!!!!!!!!attitude...........great, but does it suit a person who has been lying for the past 3 years?

Which Avni are you talking about Elena?.........or should I say Aarohi............as far as I remember, there's no one called Avni here.............I guess you are mistaken.........you probably got into the wrong place..........

I continued swapping through my mails as she was getting impatient every moment...........

What nonsense...........what games are you trying to play..........Ved had dropped Avni here a week back.............he had said that he will take her along when we go back to Chennai.............and now your are behaving as if you have never known Avni............what have you done to my daughter Dev?...........answer me!!!

I looked at her as if I still couldn't make sense of what she was talking..........she looked baffled at my behavior...........

Wait.............hold on, let me recollect...........Ved did come here, but he didn't get Avni along.............instead he got Pia along...........he dropped Pia with us and said that she's our daughter and his liar wife had kept him in dark for all these years that she was their child.............he said that he doesn't wish our Pia to be spoilt by being with you, he said he doesn't wish to spoil her future..........he apologized for having us suffer for our daughter all this while when she was present right here, just infront of us...........and hence, our Pia is no longer you Avni Mrs. Aarohi Singhania............so I would really appreciate if you would move out on your own and let me and Shona live peacefully with our child.........