Chapter Twenty Three

Sorry for the late update this time, but my health duped me again and I was forced to stay away from my laptop.........I sort of hate getting sick now, but this sickness seems to love me a lot, keeps coming back to me again and again...........hufff............

So here comes the next update, and yes an important note at the end of it...........please do read the note with a cool mind and answer me earnestly, I will be putting up this same note on my insta ac as well............

........................................

Chapter Twenty Three

Mumma............

Avni & Sona came back from office only to find a lost-in-thoughts Dev and a dubious Elena..........Sona was taken aback at first to see these two sitting together when she clearly knew they have been at loggerheads since the time she has spilt with Dev...........she was sweetly surprised as well when she felt a slight hope of reconciliation between the two people who mattered the most for her............

Urrmmm.........actually Sona I had come to take Avni along, Ved has to report back tomorrow, so we are leaving tonight, I didn't knew you weren't at home, so I decided to wait for you...........how are you now?........how's your work going on?

Dev could clearly feel the tint of guilt in Elena's voice.........she knew she had erred Sona by not being able to keep the promise of safeguarding her child from the clutches of Sameer..........now that he knew Sameer and Rekha were involved in this entire plotting, he had to be more careful with his every move now.........coz if not Sameer then he very well knew what all was Rekha capable of.........

Soon Elena and Avni took their leave, leaving a confused Sona and bothered Dev behind........he knew very well that he was erring her by concealing such trivial details about Pia from her.........but then he also knew that telling her everything would just increase her worries and that would make the matters worst.........finding Pia was his utmost priority now, healing an unwell Sona would be a little cumbersome at this moment......

Dev.........is everything ok?.........why do I feel you are trying to hide something?

Women and their 6th sense.........hadn't he had a very good enough experience of it till date?..........how could he think of hiding any such stuff from his extra intelligent wife when he knew she could read him inside out........how foolish he had been in thinking that he would merrily conceal things from her while she would live in her own bubble......

It's nothing actually.........I was just thinking how lonely the house feels now, Avni has gone back and we are going to be alone once again.......I wish I could track Pia down soon........how can I be so incapable?

He hid his face into his palms as Sona could very well read the lines of worry etched across his forehead..........she knew she has considered him wrong for a good days of their lives...........she hadn't still given him a chance to speak his heart out while he had been patient enough with her to hear out all what she had to tell him..........

Dev please relax.........there's no need to stress yourself out..........look at me, I have been trying to track her down since so many years now........have I been successful?.........no right.........then why do you blame yourself for a fault which isn't yours.........she is our child and no one can deny this fact.........now if she is destined to be with us or not is completely a different matter, and now I have arrived at a point where I have started believing in God and destiny more than humans........I know that humans can fail us but God won't.........

She entangled her fingers in his as he looked into her eyes with pure love and loyalty...........she laid her head on his shoulder, as though surrendering all her worries & anxieties to him..........together they stared into oblivion hoping their worries would end soon.........their daughter would be with them soon..........they too will live a happy life ahead with this small family of theirs.........