Saturday, December 31, 2022

When I woke up, I almost forgot where I was, but it didn't last that long. Looking around my plain room, I remembered that I was in the custody of an idiot. I grabbed my phone before I headed downstairs. It was seven so it was still early. My brothers won't be up for a while and I doubt that idiot and idiot's wife is up.

I quickly threw on some sweets before I grabbed my stick, a ball, and my rollerblades before I sprinted outside the driveway to waste some of the mornings. This is my morning routine even if I have school. It's just how I am. I am like this with my other sports, volleyball, and softball, but hockey is where I spend my most attention too.

I don't know how long I was out there screwing around. At least it didn't snow last night, but now it was snowing. That didn't stop me. It was fun. I didn't shoot at all, but I was just playing enjoying my life.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw someone peeking out of the window. I shook my head and rolled my eyes as I decided to hang up the hat. I picked the ball up and skated toward the front door. I entered and stripped out of my skates right away. I looked up and only saw the idiot in the downstairs area.

I threw my things on the couch before I walked into the kitchen to find some food. Patrick followed me and sat at the bar. "I didn't know that you play hockey."

"There is a lot of things you don't know about me." I grabbed some yogurt out of the refrigerator and started to search through the cupboards for bowls. It took me a while but I did find them and a spoon. Once I got everything I need I sat down at the bar next to the idiot. He didn't say a single word to me, and that was okay with me.

William soon jogged down the stairs in a tight grey sweatshirt and black jogging sweatpants. I rolled my eyes as he said to no one in particular, "Going on a run. I will try to remember where this place is." And with that, he softly closed the door behind himself.

"Running willingly? That is defiantly not my son," Patrick mumbled to himself.

I shoveled a scope of yogurt into my mouth. For some stupid reason, that statement made my anger click. I know that William and I did have that fight yesterday, but he still is my brother.

The next people that came down the stairs was Amanda carrying Amber. Amanda put Amber in her playpen before she went into the kitchen to start making some breakfast. She smiled at me before she asked, "Do you want me to make you anything?"

"No," I said dryly. "I'm not that hungry ever, especially in the morning."

She didn't seem fazed by my attitude. I guess she was used to it. "Alright, Pat, I'm going to make some eggs and sausage. Can you go and get Amber dressed for today?"

Patrick put on a puppy dog face. I knew that this was the last thing he wanted to do in the morning, but after Amanda gave him an unamused look, he got up and brought Amber back upstairs.

"Is anything going on today?" I asked before I took the last bit of yogurt.

Amanda was busily getting things from the refrigerator when she answered, "Nothing is going on today. Well, except that Patrick and I are going to the team's New Year party. We won't leave until eight for that." A smile formed quickly when I heard that. I was going to be able to go to Andre's tonight!

"Okay, thanks," I said before I put my dishes in the dishwasher and skipped up the stair all the way to my room.

I grabbed my phone right away to text Andre.

To Andre: I can come if I'm still invited

I set my phone down after I turned my volume up all the way. I decided to unpack my bags that I brought from Brooklyn. It wasn't that long, however, for my phone to buzz. I basically sprinted to it to read the text.