Monday, January 2, 2023

When I woke up, it was three o'clock in the morning. I felt my bed dip and somebody snuggled up against me. "Wyatt, why are you in my bed?"

"That stupid episode scared the living shit out of me. Now, go to sleep."

I wrapped my arms around him. "Oh, my little baby is scared. Mommy's here, honey, Mommy's here."

"Oh, shut up... What do you think mom thinks about us living with Patrick? Wonder why she always made him seem like this serial killer? I always wished she would have told us about him. He doesn't seem like the worst guy in the world." Wyatt laid his head on my shoulder. He always wanted a dad. That was something that he craved and never had until now.

I messed up his hair. "I think that she would be sad that we finally got to meet him, but I think that she would be overjoyed that he agreed to take us in. She had her plan and her own mindset. We will never know the real reason of why she did what she did."

He didn't say anything, but I knew that he was still awake. "Why... why do you still hate them? Why do you hate Patrick?"

"I don't know. I don't know how to think about him. I just know what Mom preached. I feel like if I give him anything, he'll just fuck that up. I just can't trust him, and I don't know if I will ever."

"I miss Mom," he said. I didn't say anything for a while. I heard his breath even out. I kissed his forehead. I always felt like I was my brother's mom. Mom was never around since she constantly had to work.

"I miss her too." I quickly shut my own eyes and fell back asleep.

Wyatt was still in my bed when I woke up. I didn't really care. I quickly crawled out and got dressed before I went outside to play hockey.

It was freezing, but that didn't stop me. I have been outside through a lot worse weather than this. I was out there for when William went and came back from his run. I was out there until Patrick came out saying that breakfast is done.

Breakfast was boring. This morning the meal was omelets, but Amanda made a mountain full of sausage for just me. That was nice of her.

"So, are you guys coming to the game tonight?" Patrick asked as he was cutting off a piece of his omelet.

"Depends, who are you playing?" Wyatt asked.

"Islanders."

My eyes lit up when I heard that. "Then yeah, I'm going. I want to watch them kick your ass!"

My brothers burst out laughing, and Patrick only shook his head. "Alright, you're not invited."

"Whatever, there is other things I can do tonight." I just shrugged it off.

"Nope, you're coming with the rest of us," Amanda said as she started clearing.

When my brothers and I got done, we went back upstairs into our respective bedrooms. We only had thirty minutes before we had to leave for practice.

I don't know how the idiot had found the time to bring us to our first hockey practice. He was supposed to be at his morning skate, but instead he's here acting like our 'Daddy'.

Right now, I am in the girl's locker room in the ice rink. I don't care about changing in front of the guys, but I can't for some stupid reason!

I met with my brothers and Coach Serry out in the hallway. Coach Serry seemed very excited to see us. "I have only told the guys that we have some new... players. I know that one will recognize you guys since he played against you on his traveling team. Anyway, my plan is that we warm up, then do a scrimmage. I'm very excited to see you three play again."