Friday, January 20, 2023

Friday night. I'm so happy that Friday is finally here. I know that I didn't have school, so I spent the whole day wrapped up in my blanket watching hockey videos on YouTube.

The day was quiet since Amanda and Amber were gone doing their thing, the brothers were away at Dave's house, and Patrick had a focused on his pregame routine.

Anyways, if any of them were around, I doubt that any of them would bug me.

Well, except for around three when Patrick came into my room. He walked towards my bed and didn't anything as he looked down at me wrapped like a burrito in my quilt.

"Yes?" I asked moodily.

Without saying a word, he grabbed his phone out, looked at it, and put it back in his pocket. "I was wondering, if you would want to get out of this house and come to the game."

"Nah rather be here."

"No one will be here tonight until late. You get to hang out with the team."

I rolled my eyes at that. "No."

"You sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. I do NOT want to go to your stupid game tonight!"

Right as I said that, the video that was playing yelled, "He shoots, he SCORES! A highlight real goal all the way! Patrick Kane taking a hand off, darting across the slot was tripped up on his way to the Canadian net and fired it past Montoya!"

Panicking, I rushed to pause the video. Patrick heard every word of that and laughed. "What are you watching?"

"Some stupid video. It just played, didn't want to watch it. Probably an ad for the stupidest hockey players in the history of the NHL."

"That doesn't make since. If I'm on the list, it has to be the ad for the smartest hockey players in the history of the NHL."

While I rolled my eyes, again, I thought about how Andre would be working tonight since there is a home game. "I'll go with you."

He looked at me like something strange just happened. "What?"

"I said, Idiot, that I'll go with you to your game."

"Really?"

"YES!" I yelled throwing my blankets to the side. I was still in my pajamas, but I didn't care. I got up and went towards my closet.

"Okay." He quickly said, "We're leaving in five minutes," before he left my room.

Quickly, I got dressed in a pair of jeans and a basic t-shirt.

Patrick and I left as soon as I made it downstairs. We didn't say anything to each other as Patrick navigated his ways through the busy streets of Chicago.

Being in my third week of living here in Chicago, I have been starting to get used to living here, and it seems like forever since I last saw my mother alive. I can't believe I have ben able to survive that long in my current situation. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to deal with everything.

Just think, this summer Patrick will be around all the time. I won't have school, and I'll have no escape from everyone. I feel like I have been suffocating now, being around him, but then, I might as well be dead.

The whole ride, I listened to radio. Neither of us said a word.

People might be thinking that I have started giving up hating Patrick because I acknowledge his existence. In reality, I have been lightening my attacks at him so I can just survive while still ignoring him. I know that this will make me seem very shallow, but I only act this way around Patrick for my personal gain. And I might be.