Sunday, January 22, 2023

"Winter! I had enough of this shit!" One of my brother's yelled pounding on my door.

I was still laying in my bed, not wanting to get up and doing anything. Rolling over, trying to fall asleep again, I felt someone throw the blankets off of me and a pair of hands grabbed my wrists and ankles.

I tried to fight my way out of this, but my brothers were stronger than me.

Together they banged me down the stairs. "WILL YOU FUCKING PUT ME DOWN!" I screamed as they hit my head into the wall for the third time. If these two keep it up, I might get a concussion. It wouldn't be the first time these two gave me one.,"

They didn't say a word until they threw me on the couch. "Winter," Wyatt said staring right at me, waiting. "This thing has been going on long enough. I know that losing mom is hard, but you can't treat everyone like it's their fault for everything that is happening to you and us."

"It's not Patrick's fault that he didn't help out. Mom never told him," William added. "I know that it's hard..."

I was not dealing with this right now. I didn't want to hear this right now. Standing up, I screamed, "Shut the FUCK UP! You don't know what you're talking about so SHUT UP!"

The faces of my brothers dropped. "Winter, calm down," William tried to reason with me.

"Don't tell me to CALM DOWN, Traitor!"

Wyatt tried to grab me into a hug. Without thinking, I punched him right in the right eye.

"OW!" he yelled grabbing his face.

Before I could punch him again, William grabbed my fist. "Winter!" he yelled as I kneed him in the crotch. He let go of my arm, and I ran back up to my room, locking the door behind me.

About a half of an hour later, someone knocked on my door. "Winter," Amanda's voice entered my room through the cracks between the door and the frame.

"Go away!" I yelled.

"It's either talk to me or talk to your father."

"He's not my FUCKING father!" I yelled. "Why does everyone say that he is because he is not!"
"Winter, we do not use that language in this house!" Amanda sounded actually pissed off. "Now open this door!"

"NO!"

"If you don't, I'll... I'll..." her voice driffed off.

"Do what? Kick me out? Go ahead! I rather be out of this shit hole!"

She didn't yell another word for a while making me hopeful that she just walk away like the coward she is.

"You'll talk to your father about this!" she yelled before I heard her walking away.

"Thank God," I said before I turned my music back on.