Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Happy Easter!

After a night of drinking and climbing a tree, I was happy to just get an hour of sleep before my alarm went off. After I went out, I didn't even bother to change before I collapsed on my bed. Before I went outside and did my normal routine, I threw some sweats on and up my hair up in a bun. I'll take a shower later.

As I rollerbladed on the driveway, I realized how drunk I still was. Everything was harder than normal for me, and I ended up falling six times. When that happened, I just sat on the ground laughing my head off. Maybe, I shouldn't do this.

Despite my earlier thought, I stayed out there. It didn't feel that long, but William left and came back from his run when I did finally go in. "Why did you go on a short run?"

He looked at me like I was mental. "Winter, I went on a five mile run, that wasn't short."

"Five miles, but you only was gone for five minutes max."

"I wish I could run that fast," he said before he went upstairs.

I stood there transfixed.

"You are alright, Winter?" Patrick asked when he noticed me just standing there.

"Yeah. Didn't sleep well. Going to shower." I sprinted upstairs to escape. If anyone would tell that I was drunk, it would be him.

In what felt like five seconds, I took a shower, got dressed, brushed my teeth, put my hair in a ponytail, and made my way back downstairs feeling a little better about myself.

"Where's the food?" I asked because everyone was already in their coats and shoes ready to go.

Wyatt walked up to me and felt my forehead. "Damn, are you feeling okay? You are never this confused."

I kneed him in the balls before I grumbled, "I am feeling just fine." After that, I ran back upstairs to get my bookbag and coat.

Thanks to the fact that Patrick and Amanda only have two small cars, I have been forced again to ride with the one and only Idiot. God, please don't let my mouthwash fail me now!

"Please don't fight anyone at school."

A little smile crept onto my face. I don't think he heard about my track record at my last school, but I am the perfect student. "I never have. The brothers and the other teams get that treatment."

"Then why do I have the feeling that you're are lying to me?"

I didn't want to answer that one. I don't care what he thought.

The whole ride, I laid my head back. Patrick's music didn't help my forming headache. Thankfully, the car ride wasn't that long.

I made sure I walked behind the rest of them. I couldn't hear Wyatt and William joking with each other. Usually, I'm right in the middle of that, but I don't want to today. I'm still pissed at both of them.

Looking at the cluttering hallways around me, it almost felt like the school we were at in Brooklyn. Clubs and organization signs are posted everywhere. Kids clump together in millions of little social groups. There are no why all of these kids know each other, and that's just how I like it.

"Blizz!" Jamie yelled as he ran to give me a hug. The caused my family to stop and hug me.

I hugged him back. "Thanks for drawing attention to me."

"What, I saw you two hours yesterday. But before, I only show you in the summer tournaments. Is that how boyfriend and girlfriends work?"

"It was a long distance fling."