Chapter 4

Thalassa was concern that Poseidon's sudden disappearance on her dinner party was because her horrible hostess' skills.

That or something much worst had happened.

She decided to stay positive and think her hostess' abilities were the reason.

"Thally, my darling..." Pontus called her from behind. She sighed and nodded at him. He had interrupted his 'cordial' conversation with Oceanus, while she was listening to Tethys and Amphitrite talk about how reckless kids can be inside underwater palaces. "Please, do not fret. I'm sure that Poseidon's leave has a very reasonable explanation behind..."

"Of course that I believe the same, Pontus." Thalassa recognized. "I just want to believe that it's because of my horrible hostess' skill more than because we're all at mortal peril." She stated, trying to joke a little out of the situation. Pontus chuckled and shook his head.

"There's nothing wrong with your hostess' skill... Look around you." Pontus encouraged her, gently. "You managed that three generations of sea deities had dinner in the same place without causing a seaquake! That itself, is a miracle!" That made Thalassa smile a little, right in the moment that Poseidon returned, looking all wear out.

"Poseidon...?" Amphitrite used his name with carefulness, as if she could say something wrong.

"We're doomed..." Poseidon replied, as it that explained everything that was going on. Amphitrite made him sat down, while Tethys moved near Oceanus, in case the last one decided to strike the god when he was down. Pontus called a nereid to fetch some ambrosia or nectar, while Thalassa observed the situation.

"Could you be more specific, My Lord?" Amphitrite questioned him, being as formal as ever. She could never stop being like that, Thalassa thought.

"Percy, he-" Amphitrite pursed her lips, but kept quiet. Obviously, she didn't like it that his bastard son was always in every topic they shared. "He has left us..."

"Left? What do you mean 'left'?" Pontus checked the information before jumping into conclusions. Although, it seemed that the chosen word of Poseidon made someone a happy goddess.

"He- he won't help us..."

"Poseidon, here... Eat this." Thalassa insisted, the moment that the nereid returned with the ambrosia and nectar. Oceanus and Tethys observed the scene from outside, not knowing if they should intervene or what. Seconds later, it was obvious that Poseidon was feeling much better, as he was able to sat down properly on a seat. "Now, you're gonna tell us what really happened, while we have some tea."

Pontus smirked to himself. Thalassa loved her tea parties!

~oOo~ ~oOo~

"...and that is basically what happened." Poseidon finished his tale about the recent events, leaving more than one surprised by those revelations. But, no matter how sombre things were turning in the tale or in the real life, the smile could never leave Amphitrite, as she was ecstatic about Percy Jackson's departure, Tethys noticed.

"Well... No wonder why the boy decided to abandon you!" Oceanus spoke first, not surprising anyone that he'd pick this moment to rub it against Poseidon's face. "You lot keep more secrets under wraps than a present and you are more scared of it than when you wrap it-"