Chapter 17

While the Olympians were panicking by Python's appearance and demands, inside a different Council Room, something different was happening.

The goddess of crafts and wisdom, Minerva, was a mere spectator of tonight's Council. Her opinion is never asked or wanted, which was a contradiction itself. How she could be consider the Goddess of Wisdom, if everyone considers her a minor goddess and no one wants her to say what she thinks about this situation?

Contradiction if ever was one.

Apollo was the only absent, he had lost the battle with 'the other side of him', terrified of the consequences. Jupiter, however, was impressing everyone by his battle plans and his ability to think before attacking. Which was something short of a miracle, as nor even Mars could manage something like that, specially when 'his other side' was at play too. However, Minerva pondered in silence.

The last battle with Terra was tough, no one was denying that. she had brought reinforcements in the shape of Nox and Caelus, no one was expecting that. However, the result of the battle had been too easy, with them running away. Now, Minerva could be many things, but she wasn't overconfident that they were beating them in the field. Which is why she arrived to this conclusion.

Either something scared them enough to leave the battle. Or something bigger was happening and they left to achieve that.

One thing was for sure, they hadn't made a breach between them. Only Venus had been parted from them, but Minerva didn't think as much of a loss, as Venus wasn't skilled in combat and she wasn't fighting against them. As long as she didn't have another enemy, Minerva counted it as a victory.

The puzzle of why their enemies retired sooner was time consuming. Not even her 'other side' had an answer to that particular puzzle. Mainly, because she wasn't solving it. She could feel the headache from the internal argument coming and she wanted to avoid it. She tried to focus her mind back into the Council Meeting, not that anyone was actually paying attention if she was paying attention or not. Funny enough, Mercury had fallen asleep and was snoring away.

That left Minerva no doubts that Terra didn't flee the battle because they were losing. The question now was why did they flee? And what could that mean to the rest of them?

~oOo~ ~oOo~

'Uncle' Erebus could be many things.

But he wasn't stupid.

Though he knew that Ouranos had recovered the kids after their disappearance and kidnapping, he wasn't naïve enough to think that only what he claimed had happened. Something else had happened in that place and had something to do with the kids. How to prove it was the issue, as Ouranos wouldn't take well the accusations and could find any reason to banish him.

And Erebus didn't want to be banished.

While Nyx and Geae ripped a new one to Ouranos, mainly for information, Erebus checked on the kids. They appeared healthy, even though a little pale. They had been asleep for a long time, but they seemed healthy. He wondered why they weren't waking up any time soon when he discovered a not-so-little cut that was made in the palm of each triplet. Which was strange, since they didn't have any gash or cut on any other part of their body.

The cut was precise and wasn't a defensive wound, more as if it was made by someone else. Ouranos could have not noticed and, therefore, not healed it, but Erebus was suspecting something bigger was in game and decided to investigate. But first things, he had to cure the wounds and leave the kids be. He wasn't going to blame them for something that wasn't their fault.