Chapter 8

Tethys was also pondering options. However, they weren't hers.

It was obvious to everyone which position will she take. She wasn't a fighter, she was a healer and she would proudly take the spot. She didn't care about sides, more about which lives could be spared or not. Not even her years as consort of Oceanus has she valued human life, so she didn't have to take care of that. She lived beyond that and should would continue to.

The Nurse, as she was called, watched as the several members of the old courts were deciding their sides. Some of them were obvious, like hers. Others, were predictables, like Rhea. Somehow, Rhea's decision of joining the Olympians was taken with reverence and even delight. The fact that she had, what humans call 'diplomatic immunity', helped her a lot. Both sides would forgive her at the end of this.

The Compass Four, known as Hyperion, Iapetus, Koios and Krios, were joined by Kronos and Oceanus. The six of them were aiding Gaea, Nox and Ouranos. Tethys didn't even bother in changing her husband's point of view. She knew that he hated Poseidon and his bunch, but she failed to understand why was he doing this. They would not be granted mercy.

Phoebe, Koios' wife, would be joining him. She wasn't a fighter, but she must has known something. After all, she is the Titaness of the Prophecy, grandmother of Apollo. There's something in the future that she had felt to make her join that side. Eurybia, Krios' wife, had recently left them. She was a Titaness of the Seas primarily, as well as weather and the wind, and a very valuable healer. Even Kronos dared not challenge her in the aspect of healing. Tethys had hope for Eurybia. Mnemosyne, however, joined that same side, with no other explanation on why she joined that side too. No husband, no information. What was her plan...?

Theia, Hyperion's wife, and Themis were going to be 100% neutral. Tethys understood Themis perfectly, as she is the Titaness of Justice and Law. She also understood why Theia didn't join the fight, especially for her fetiches with shiny objects. She must be useless the second you show her a shiny sword...

That leaves the rest of the immortal deities that aren't faded or forgotten by the same Olympians or Primordials themselves. She must approach them quickly before they can be convinced that their lives are worth the same as a war...

Nothing.

~oOo~

Tethys began her journey, looking for neutral deities. Deities that were smart enough to think about the consequences or to safe their own skin. At this point of the war, it didn't matter for which reason you did it.

Humans say that those who don't fight or don't take part are cowards. But the same humans also recognize that those who don't fight in that war or battle are useful for the next one. Humans are so contradictory... Was her thought when she reached her first target. Well, it wasn't a target, more like a possible ally...

"Lelanto... Good to see you." The figure in front of her turned around slowly to show a man with, obviously, divine factions and a serious face. He was tall, with golden eyes and sandy brown hair. He had a lean build to compliment the large wings on his back, the feathers sandy brown. His armor covered his shoulders, going down to frame his bare midriff. The golden metal gleamed, his lower armor skin tight.

"Tethys..." He greeted back, nodding his head. "What do I owe the pleasure of your visit..?"

"It's a search of allies, if you have to call it something-"

"Tethys, allow me to stop you right there." Lelanto interrupted her, somehow politely. "I've been getting news about the not surprising and soon clash between the Olympians and the Primordials... Let me tell you I have no intention of joining either side and I'd appreciate that you don't try to convince me otherwise..."