Chapter 20

Hemera watched the situation from her throne far away.

Her husband, Aether, had forbidden her to be any closer, as his overprotective side came out when she had gone out last time and he couldn't find her. He would still hoover around for a little, before being satisfied and leaving. What once was cute, now was annoying and Hemera only found peace with herself watching the unfolded situation.

She had decided to visit Gaea- to be a nice Primordial and say 'hello', nothing more than that -and the sneaky had proposed to her to even the sides, asking her to side with her. Hemera had been shocked into silence, before she returned to her home. Just because she liked to dress like Harley Quinn didn't mean that she was insane!

Aether had been very happy to see her, but his smile turned into a frown and asked her where was she and that he had been very worried about her. Hemera reassured him that she was fine, but didn't tell him what had happened. She didn't want him more worried.

Now, she was a watcher of the upcoming battle from her home in the skies.

Aether soon joined her and, to her surprise, didn't hoover around her but simply stayed next to her, watching how the different troops were settling. You could identified the dark aura of Nyx and the shine bright armors if the Olympians. The Titans looked like they were all dirty, but that was because they weren't wearing armors. Both light entities also identified the large and big white tent placed on one side of the battlefield with a big red cross.

Hemera smiled to herself, sadly. She should be there, helping the wound ones. But her own recklessness had confined her on the hight. With nothing else to do, she sighed and leaned on her husband and prayed that this war ended quickly and that the winner side was mercy with the defeated. And the people of Earth.

All she could do now was pray.

~oOo~ ~oOo~

No words were uttered while everyone was preparing for war.

It was a silent arrangement between all the parties involved. Obviously, if they had spoken to each other, they would have ended shouting and attacking each other, beginning this war much earlier than they were expecting. While everyone had the same goal in common, each of them had a different reason to achieve it.

On the Primordial camping, Ouranos was confident that his new powers will help him win this war. Now that the main nuisance was gone, Ouranos could focus on the battle plans and startegies. He was so focused however, that he missed the penetrating looks from Nyx, who appeared to be ready to gut him on the spot.

Gaea, meanwhile, was busy taking the Triplets away from the battle. Knowing that the camping was not a place for them to be, she created a silent deal with Tethys, who agreed to receive them into her Peace Corps. After all, children should not be held into account by their parents' sins, right? Once the Triplets were safe, Gaea returned to the site to avoid Nyx to gut Ouranos, though she would probably be helping her.

Her young lieutenants were ready for battle, though some were terrified of what could happen to them. After Arachne's vision and emergency call to Gaea, they feared what could happen to them if they lost this war. Vetika concluded that she rather be dead than alive to face the wrath of Ouranos if they were still alive and lost.

~oOo~

Tethys was in charge of the Peace Corps.

All those deities that she and Lelanto had gathered were ready to help if needed. Nectar and ambrosia were being stacked into a side, while stretchers and bandages were placed into another. Many of the entities around her were goddesses or female primordials that had been left aside for not being powerful. While that may be true, they just wanted a chance to prove themselves.