Chapter 19

One of the things that wouldn't describe Moros' day-to-day is normalcy.

Yet, a simple mortal was giving him that just by treating him normal.

It didn't take him long to establish that Sally Jackson was a great woman. He could see why someone like Poseidon would had chosen her to be the mother of one of his kids. Her reactions to everything that edged the divine and non-mortal made one think she was immune to surprises and such, but the passion that was involved when protecting her only son was in play, turned her into a unique woman.

Unfortunately for Moros, said woman was claimed and married and going against that would turn him into Zeus, something he didn't want to be like. He, like many others, had claimed that the gods and titans were beneath them, so doing anything the gods or titans did in regular basis was a instant no-no. He grudgingly could admit that some were intelligent and, once or twice, did things right.

The sense of not turning like the ones he hated was always present and, when a new sense appeared in the back of his mind, like an annoying fly, he decided to pay attention to it.

"Sally, dear..." He started, not liking the way Akhlys looked at him for interrupting her conversation. "I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I can sense that staying here in the possible future would not be beneficial for your health... I'd hate to think what young Perseus would do to us if he found out his mother and un-born sibling in a very bad state..." Sally frowned, but Akhlys nodded, as if sensing what he was sensing.

"I'm sorry, but I don't understand." Sally admitted, confused. "We have to move? This is our home-"

"What Moros was trying to say..." Akhlys interrupted her, gently. "Is that, even though young Perseus won't be taking part of it, the war will exit and staying here during the duration of it could be dangerous..." Sally relaxed, but looked worried.

"Where would we go? Paul is not here and there are several demigods' families living around..." She said, sounding worried.

"Unfortunately, Camp Half-Blood will do no good at the moment, especially if they allow many families walking in, the defenses will not hold..." Moros explained. "I ignore about Camp Jupiter, but I do know New Rome is prepared for this kind of eventuality, so going there could be one option-"

"Moros." Akhlys called his attention. "What about...?" Moros' eyes lit up, smiling.

"That could work. You think...?"

"Absolutely. They wouldn't think of it and we can fix the defenses later." Akhlys assured him, leaving a very confused Sally.

"We have another alternative." Moros announced to the confused mother. "There's a hidden place that belong to Akhlys, a very cozy and warm-"

"Just because I represent misery, doesn't mean I like the cold!"

"-that could be used for this purpose." Moros continued as if there was no interruption. "Whoever you think is worthy of joining us, please let them know. We will go to make sure everything is ready and we'll collect you later. And please, don't warn the camps. We don't need more nervous and anxious teenagers than they already are." He warned her. Sally nodded and went to made some calls.

Meanwhile, Moros and Akhlys flashed to her place, to fix it up a little.

"Ugh, if I knew how dusty it was, I'd not had offered it..." Akhlys complained, before snapping her fingers and the dust disappeared. "Why?"

"Why what?"

"You know what, Moros!" Akhlys snapped at him, not in the mood for playing. "You never cared about mortals before, so why now?"