Chapter 18

Arachne knew immediately something was amiss.

She looked around, trying to see if everything was in order. She was in one piece, still in the same place she was five minutes ago, so she wasn't dead. One is never too sure in today's world. She glanced to her side and saw Vetika to herself, probably mumbling words she had learnt or even trying to remember everything she knew. Of the others, she was probably the more useful one.

She then looked over where the Gorgons were. She was thinking, for once in her life, that Athena shouldn't have turned them into monsters. Only immortality would be enough for these three, as they were always fighting. What could be more of a punishment if you're constantly attached to your sisters and you don't agree in anything? At least Arachne knew how to wool to entertain herself, those three can do nothing!

Now that she could stablished that everything was in perfect order, read the sarcasm between words, Arachne started to check her surroundings. No, the cave where they were was still the same and nothing had came in or out. Very strange indeed, but she couldn't shake that feeling, the feeling that something else was happening and it was important.

"Arachne?" She heard Vetika's voice and Arachne could swore she saw the frown on her face, even though she was facing her back at the moment. "Have you finally lost your mind?" The teasing material was enough to turn around and growl at the half-scorpion lady.

"Why would you like to know that?" Arachne found herself asking. Vetika simply smirked but crossed her arms in front of her.

"Seriously, what has you all alert?" Vetika ignored the Gorgons, who were ignoring them as well but maybe not intentionally at the moment, and focused on Arachne's battle posture. "I sincerely hope you're not gonna attack me... You still remember last time....?"

"Now, it's not the time!" Arachne hissed at her, trying to concentrate. She looked around and noticed something was truly wrong, but she couldn't place her finger on it. She stepped out, ignoring Vetika's warning words and simply stared at the night. She squinted, as if she needed help to see better, but turns out it was night, but it wasn't that dark.

The lightbulb appearing over Arachne's head would have made it more comical, if the situation wasn't extreme. By now, even the Gorgons had noticed the bizarre behavior of their companion and had stopped arguing.

"What's the deal with her?" Medusa was the first one opening her mouth and almost petrified Arachne when the former grabbed her by surprise. Arachne had a crazy look, as if she was afraid of what was coming.

"He couldn't do it... could he?" The words were whispered, but everyone heard it, but not made any sense to them. When Arachne turned her haunted looks to Vetika, the scorpion lady feared the spider lady was victim of a spell or something worst. "If he did... We are doomed..."

"Who did what, Arachne?" Vetika took charge, as Medusa was still in shock. The words only turned Arachne more frantic, as if she was doing some kind of possessed ritual. Or that was what it looked like it from outside. Actually, Arachne was doing so to call Gaea's attention, though hitting the ground and kicking it would not be consider polite with the Earth Primordial.

"Arachne, would you stop that?!" Everyone turned to see Gaea, who was holding the side of her head, as if she was having a headache. "One more kick and I'll give you something you won't forget!" Immediately, everyone bowed, but Arachne was quick into her situation.

"MyLady Gaea, something terrible had happened..." Arachne was close to tears and sounded like a kid who just lost a toy. Gaea rolled her eyes, believing that it was a childish tantrum. She would had stayed at home and waited for the triplets to wake up for that!