5. Ancestry ✔️

"I want to see if I'm anywhere in here." I say, looking for names with 'I's to find myself. Nash rushed to my aid, sliding his finger over the tabs until he had a little twitch. Pulling out my file.

"Here it is." He smiles, opening it and scanning it. I tried to look too, yet he yanked away from me so fast. "Stand still."

I fold my arms, and his eyes flicker from the file to me and then back at the file. It made me realize that he was checking me out slightly.

"I guess I can see it." He mumbles, and I raise my eyebrow.

"See what you freak?!" I sneer, snatching the file from him. My fingers not grasping it all the way and the papers fell onto the floor. "Shit! Look what you've done! My life is on the floor!"

He sighs, going on his knees as he began to pick them up.

"It read that you are 67% Italian. I didn't see it until I stared at you some more." He tells me, and I snicker at his idiocy.

"Of course I'm Italian! I was born in Italy." I fold my arms again, watching as he tried to put my papers back in order.

"Tell me, when did your family move over here?" He asked me politely, and I shrugged.

"My family migrated over here when I was twelve."

"Do you know Italian?" He questions with even more curiosity, wiggling his eyebrows and I smirk.

"Cosa ne pensi di questo è il Freak?" ( What do you think this is you freak? ) I smirk, stepping towards him as I run my finger behind his ear like he's a dog. "Of course I know Italian."

He grins, leaning towards me.

"Say something else to me in Italian, please." He practically begged, and that entertained me for sure.

"Perché? Fa eccita voi, si Freak." ( why? does it excite you, you freak. ) I murmur into his ear. He pulls away, chuckling shyly like a child around their crush.

"I do not know what you are saying, but I can make out you calling me a freak." He whined, and I smirk.

"Oh? Want me to stop?"

"No..." He mumbled, and I smile. He scratches the back of his neck, diverting his eyes from mine. These very actions had me guess that he was shy.

"Non ottenere timido ora! Siamo appena per iniziare. Non ho avuto a parlare italiano per un po '. Grazie per portarla eseguire il backup per me." ( "Don't get shy now! We're just getting started. I haven't had to speak Italian for a while. Thank you for bringing it back up for me." ) I smirk, and he backs away.

"Let us...um..." He stammered over his words, looking away. "Let us see what else - else is in here..." He rushed out, and I couldn't help but laugh at his cuteness.

I got the big freak all flustered over Italian... I'm intrigued.

I haven't really dug into my Italian roots or thought about them much since my parents died. I didn't care for it as much after, and abandoned it all. I preferred to hide that part of me...because I felt alone.

Why bring up and act on something that reminds me of them? Them that makes me feel sadness and loneliness? But when he asked me to speak Italian for him it all came back for me.

It's just bringing back memories from when I lived in Italy since I was a child. Then for my dad's job we moved to America, and I had to learn English. Took care of my Italian accent and did well off.

When I found out I was Omega instead of an Alpha, that devastated me... Because I could pretend to be an Alpha and I looked like an Alpha. So why am I an Omega?!