36. Lovely Spoils

Gio sat beside me as Hayden and Malia played with one another. They were close in age so there wasn't any problem with such a thing.

I was just annoyed...about the whole marriage thing.

"How long are you planning on avoiding Nash?" Gio asks me since I had my face pressed into the cushion. "I'm not married either."

"You...don't have a Mate, Gio." I growl at him, and he shrugs. "How is it even going with Gavin?"

"He's being iffy. I'm not so sure. Know what I might do? I want to be with Hayden's dad, but he's too difficult. The only person he seems to want to have a relationship with is Hayden - which is fine. I want to be happy too though." Gio groaned as he ran his fingers through his hair. "But...enough of me. How about you and Nash? Why are you two really arguing?"

"Because he hasn't proposed to me yet. I'm confused by such a thing. Why hasn't he done so?" I inquire to Gio as if he'd know the damn answer.

He just shrugs again, and I look away - not surprised.

"It's not as popular these days. Mating is the new proposal - why make a big deal about it? It's far more important than a measly ring that can easily be lost. Unlike a ring - bite marks are evidently seen and also smelled. Marriage isn't even a permanent thing-."

"Neither is mating. That can easily be ended, and that's far more painful than a ring. Nash will never end our Bond or remove the bite mark - it's just I want the ring... Just for the extra little edge. Could slam my hand on the table and be like - that's right, I'm married and mated with." I wink as I show off my naked left hand.

I knew Nash was upstairs and could hear me. I wanted him to!

"Have you even spoken with him on it? Or are you just avoiding him like a big baby?" Gio questions me, and I narrow my eyes on him.

"Call me a big baby again, I'll show you a big baby." I growl at him very quietly - noticing Hayden looking at me as if I was weird. "What?"

"You're going to act like a big baby?"

"I'm kidding-."

"Mommy jokes all the time. He told me it's for him to get...'a leg up' in the conversation. He not really a baby, he joke about being one though." Malia tries to take up for me, smiling at me.

I just go with it, nodding in agreement.

"You're right. Malia you know me so well." I groan, shading my eyes from their view. Hearing Malia's cute giggles, I looked and saw Nash walking towards us.

When our eyes met he stopped walking, and he instantly gestures for me to come. I was a smirking mess because that wouldn't work on me.

"Malia can you tell daddy that mommy is having some 'me time'?" I ask of her, and she nods.

"Daddy, mommy is having-."

I feel myself be picked up off the couch. That...didn't surprise me as much as I thought it would. Nash was carrying me away from everyone and I saw Gio just look on.

He was of no assistance to me.

Nash ends up taking me to our bedroom and I see him close the door, locking it. Once he placed me on the bed I glare at him.

"Is there something that you want? That you desire? Besides trying to annoy me to death." I mumble, folding my arms when I see Nash shake his head at me.

"Ivo I know you desire an answer as to why I haven't proposed to you, and I wish to give it to you if you don't interrupt." Nash tells me off the bat.