Part 4

After that whole disaster, they told me that we were going to sit down and have a trust circle. I had no clue what the heck that was. Turns out that one person asks a bunch of predetermined questions and then everyone has to answer them truthfully. This was not good what if they discovered what I was hiding. I really couldn't do this especially with Jake in the circle. We got into the circle first question was,"What was the most embarrassing situation you were in?"

Okay, that wasn't so bad that was an easy answer and done. The only problem was they didn't know how to go in a circle it was like a ping pong ball and so disorganized it drove me insane. I didn't know how to escape it best but I decided on saying that it was late and that I needed to go home which was kind of half true. They agreed with me and so they said that we could play the way that they had originally planned.

Here's how it worked, you spin a bottle and whoever the bottle lands on you have to go into the room next door and they get to ask you all the questions they wanted for two minutes. This game was worse. I was scared that it was going to land on Jake and based on the way that my life goes I would have to go into that room with Jake or at least Ivy. I could not have been more scared. What was I supposed to tell them?

We are fifteen minutes into the game and it hasn't landed anywhere near me yet. Then BAM it lands on me. Amazing, great just perfect. I don't even look to see who the bottom of the bottle was pointing to I could have guessed it. Of course, it was Jake. I went in and heard footsteps and the door click shut behind me. My heart was beating faster than ever before, my breathing was unsteady as I felt him sit down next to me.

"Hey, listen, Alex, I'm really sorry for what I said earlier I was just messing around but I think I took it a bit too far and all I really want for us is to be good friends. I hope that you can forgive me," he told me. I know that he meant it but nobody called me Alex ever so that made me squirm a little but I just told him that I was good with that if that's what he wanted. Then we kind of sat there uncomfortably for a few seconds.

Then he asked me the question I knew I would have to answer before I left tonight,"I feel like there is something else going on in your mind. I just want you to know that I will always be here for you and if you want to talk you can. Could you please tell me so that I can help you?" He seemed so sincere which was rare but I thought that maybe he honestly did feel bad and maybe I should be nice back and say at least one thing on my mind.