Part 8

Okay so it wasn't that much of a dilemma it was just that I was probably going to have a problem with Jake if things got any further along between us which I was going to try to stop. I have a boyfriend now. Wait what did I just say? How in the world did that happen? I am this ugly, fat girl with acne all over my face and I'm dating this cute muscular boy. I must be dreaming. The clinking of the ice in Lola's water bottle brought me back to the present.

I realized that we had ended up on the stairs next to each other so I moved over a little bit to make it so that we weren't so close and Daniel smiled. I knew that he wouldn't want Lola to know so we silently agreed not to tell her and if she asked why I moved it would be that I didn't feel like talking from such a long distance. Good enough excuse I think. She sat down on the ground in front of us and I moved to sit with her and so did Daniel.

I think that we might actually be able to pull this off. That was until I remembered Megan and Ivy. I should at least tell Megan. Ivy could wait to know. I decided to catch up with Megan and maybe tell her I would probably have to ease my way into telling her because we hadn't seen each other all summer and hadn't talked for about two weeks now. I probably should have texted her earlier.

Daniel, Lola and I decided that it was probably time to go get lunch so I went to my house. After lunch, I went up to my bedroom to text Megan. I decided to start it out with,"Hey, what's up?" She texted back,"Nothing much. What about you?" Oh great the last question I wanted. "Some new people moved into the neighborhood and they are super nice but not much else," was what I deemed appropriate.

Her reply read,"Oh that's good. Any boys?" with two winking emojis at the end. "Actually there is one he's 14," I hoped that this was going to be good enough for her but knowing her it wasn't she was going to keep asking questions. I was correct because her next text was,"What's his name?" So I just told her,"Daniel." I was starting to get tired of all this typing so I was glad when her next came through saying,"Can I call you?"

I told her,"Yeah that would make this easier on my fingers. They're getting tired. lol" When my phone rang I took a deep breath and answered it hoping I didn't screw this up. "Hi Megan," I said. "Hi, it's so good to hear your voice again," she replies. Then my doorbell rings. I go to open the door and see that it's Daniel. I tell Megan to hold on for a second so that I can answer the door.