Part 14

That felt good to let all my thoughts just flow. It gets tiring holding all your thoughts back and to just let them flow feels good. I think that everyone should know that they are loved for who they are. Just stay true to who you are on the inside and don't let anyone change that. If you are fake your mask will come down at some point and you will feel more hurt. Just because everyone else is one way doesn't mean you should follow.

Someone will think that it is really cool that you are different. That big mess tired me out so I went to sleep. When I woke up the next morning I thought that everything had been a dream but it hadn't because when I checked my phone I had a text from Jake asking me if I could talk with him and promising that he would be calmer than yesterday. I decided to text him back and tell him that we could go on a bike ride and talk if he wanted to in a little bit.

He texted back saying that he agreed. I had no idea what to expect so I prepared myself for every last possible situation. After getting ready I pulled on my helmet and rode down my driveway to the park where we had agreed to meet. "Where are you going?" I heard Daniel call. Wow, I'm scoring big points here. "Just on a bike ride," I called back. He seemed okay with that because he went back inside.

When Jake came to the park we decided to ride the other way out of the neighborhood so that we didn't have to deal with Daniel. We were quiet for the first part of the ride then he asked me,"Did you not want to hang out with me or did you honestly not want to bike ride?" I paused and thought out a logical answer,"I hadn't ridden my skateboard in a while and thought that it would be a good change."

"I really did want to hang out with you. I was thinking about maybe doing something together when you got back but you were gone for most of the day and I didn't have the chance until you saw me with Daniel and got mad," I added quickly. He seemed satisfied with my answer. "I'm really sorry I shouldn't have freaked out like that. I just felt that we could be really good friends after what happened the night before."

I understood what he was saying because I felt almost the same. I focused really hard on the road in front of me because I didn't want to look at him. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him look at me and then he asked me,"Is there something that you want to tell me?" I started then stopped and said,"Ummm no." He gave me a look telling me that he didn't believe me. I wanted to tell him but couldn't.