Part 31

He tried to change the subject but I wasn't going to let him change it that easily especially when he started to make jokes. "Daniel do you not realize what you just said two minutes ago?" I asked. "I do. I told you that I had Lyme Disease," he responded. "Yeah for over a year," I said getting frustrated. I didn't understand what the big joke was this seemed serious and all he wanted to do was forget that he had ever said anything remotely serious. 

"Okay, so I haven't had it the whole time. So like what happened was I got treated it got better and then the symptoms just came back about a week ago. The treatments are going to go on for about another two weeks and then we'll have to wait and see," he told me. Okay, so it wasn't as bad as I had imagined. The one thing that worried me is that it had come back after a while. What if it came back a third time and he wasn't strong enough to fight it off?

Fighting something once is hard enough on your body but having to fight it off three times is extremely hard. "Chill Alex I'm going to be fine. There is nothing to worry about. It can't kill me," he said. I glared at him because I knew he was lying which made him continue. "Okay so it can be deadly but mine was treated early so there is a 99.9999999999999999999999999999999% chance that I will survive this," I knew that he was being serious so I calmed down.

We spent a little bit more time outside and when it started to get dark we decided to go inside. We started walking back to our houses when he ran up to me,"I forgot to ask if you something. Do you want to go for a run with me tomorrow morning?" I realized that I hadn't run in a long time I missed it a lot but I had school in the morning. "I really want to but I have school," I said. "That's right. You're getting in the car before I'm even awake," he said. 

He thought for a second then said," We could go like half an hour before you normally get up. That would give us enough time even though that would be really early." I didn't want to make him get up this early just so that we could go running together but he suggested so I guess that was fine. "Sure I'll go. Just a warning though I haven't run in like 3 months so I will probably suck or maybe I'll be fine and beat you," I said teasing him.

"I'll let you think whatever you want but we aren't racing this is a jog," he said. "Whatever you always take the fun out of things," I joked. "If you really wanted to race I'd be back before you even had your shoes tied," he said walking away. "Yeah, whatever we'll see tomorrow," I said. I should never have brought up competition because tomorrow did not go as planned of course, I had to get injured.