Part 26

On Friday I was so happy that it was the weekend and then I realized that I had a science event that I had to go to on Saturday. I got out of my car and started walking into the place where we were supposed to meet I saw a door in front of me and Daniel hop out. He saw me too,"What the heck are you doing here Alex?" I gave him a look and said,"I have to be here for science. It's part of my grade." Then I realized Megan would be here too. 

"Hey, um Megan is going to be here too so I don't know if we should pretend not to know each other or if we should overdo it. What do you think?" I said. "We should sooo overdo it," he said half laughing and I agreed with him it would make her so mad it was going to be hilarious. We walked inside holding hands and saw Megan waiting in line to check-in and held back our laughs but talked really loudly so that she could hear us.

"So why are you here?" I asked him. "I can get extra credit if I go to different educational events," he replied. After checking in we took some seats in the back of the room and then when the first speaker finished we checked our schedules and found out that the workshops were by grade so I would be with all my classmates and Daniel. I guess that meant my whole grade would know about Daniel by the end of the day. That wasn't the best situation but oh well.

As we were walking out of the room I hear a voice behind me,"Hey, Alexandra." I turn around to find Megan and all my old friends. I look at Daniel and roll my eyes he holds back a smile. "Hi Megan," I say with forced kindness in my voice. "Who's your friend?" she asks. "Oh, umm this is my friend Kade. His school is offering him extra credit so he came. We didn't even know that we would see each other," I tell her. 

"So what happened to Daniel? I mean you wouldn't be holding Kade's hand if you were just friends especially if you were dating Daniel," She said.

"I'm sorry this isn't Kade it's actually Daniel I uh I'm sorry," I replied. "So this is the famous Daniel who "accidentally" sleeps with his girlfriend during his sisters birthday party," Megan says. I roll my eyes and start to walk away blinking back tears. "I don't know how Alex was ever your friend because you are the worst kind of friend I've ever seen. You're worried about what she is doing with me more than you are about her," he said.

I just wanted to cry right there that was the nicest thing anyone has done for me. "Let's go, Alex," Daniel said tugging on my hand. When we sat down in our next session I leaned my head on his shoulder and said,"Thank you so much." He just looked at me and said," All this mess that you got into this year was my fault. Alex, I'm so sorry that you've had to put up with this." He paused looked at me straight in the eyes and then took a deep breath,"Maybe we should break up."