Part 29

When I got to school the next day Noah was sitting in my homeroom. He didn't have any friends in my homeroom so I didn't know what he was doing until he saw me and started walking towards me. I could see Megan trying to figure out what was going on. He kind of stood there awkwardly then said,"Hey." I realized what this would look like to Megan so I asked him if we could talk about the project we were working on for English outside. 

I made sure that I put extra emphasis on English project so that Megan could hear because I knew the names the demon squad would call me if they saw what was happening. When we got outside he started by saying,"English project? What was that all about?" I felt kind of stuck because I really didn't want to tell him about Daniel. "I haven't really had the best time this year with Megan and I didn't want her listening to everything we were saying," I guess that worked.

"Umm okay. So I just wanted to say thank you for going with me," he said. "Yeah, no problem. There's just one thing that I want to tell you," I took a deep breath and then continued,"I kind of need us to go as just friends because..." I really didn't want to tell him but I was going to so that I could make sure that this didn't go any further,"I actually have a boyfriend." I pronounced the last word slowly and with a deep intake of breath. 

"Yeah, that's uh fine," he looked uncomfortable but continued with fake enthusiasm,"Can't wait! It's gonna be so fun." I felt really bad to put him in this situation. "I'm really sorry that I didn't tell you. If you don't want to go with me anymore then that's fine. He knows and is fine with it so if you still want to go that's fine too," I think that this talk was uncomfortable for both of us. "No, I'll still go with you it's fine people go as friends all the time. It will be fun," he said walking away.

A text buzzed through on my phone it was from Jake on the group chat,"Hey guys we just found out that April and I are moving in a month. We're having a going away party at my house Saturday at 6 so if you want to come that would be great." Perfect addition to my list of things going wrong in my life. Now I have a friend moving. I just kind of sat there and stared at my phone shocked at what I was reading.

Tears started running down my face and then I realized that I had to calm down and hold my head up pretending like nothing was going on because who wants to hear about my problems. NOT MEGAN! The person who I thought would always be there to listen to me turns out uses my problems against me. She knew me best out of anyone in school so she knows how to hurt me more than anyone in the school. I felt like I could never trust anyone again.