Part 11

My favorite story about that little brat though is one time the dishes needed to be taken out of the dishwasher and we were both sitting on the couch reading a book. My mom says,"Alexandra your not doing anything so go clean out the dishwasher." My brothers doing the same thing I am though so I say,"What about him?" She gets mad at me and says,"He is reading. Now do what I told you." If this concept of parenting makes sense to anyone please explain it to me.

"Alex you did it again," Daniel said cutting into my thoughts. "I must do it whenever I am thinking about something that is irritating me," I told him. "Is it me?" he asked. "No, it's not you I promise its..." I cut short. "I'm sorry I don't want to give you a bad impression of my brother he's not bad but sometimes he's a complete jerk most of the time he doesn't even realize it," I said. "I completely understand I have two younger sisters that drive me insane," he said laughing.

"I could never imagine Lola like that but I guess that all younger siblings do it," I said which made us bot start laughing. "You don't even know what a pain she is at home," he said still laughing. We went and sat on the swings until Jake rode by on his bike. He must have seen us because he got off his bike. I jumped off mid swing and I heard Daniel gasp as I made a perfectly executed landing.

Jake was approaching the playground when I felt Daniel come to stand next to me probably not helping the situation. "I see you finished your skateboard ride," he said with a sneer. "Jake its been hours since you asked me. Did you think that I was going to ride it all day?" I responded and made sure it was accusing. "Whatever Alex you could have told me you would be available the rest of the day," he said just as accusing.

"I saw her skating earlier today in case you don't believe her and let me just tell you that she really knows how to ride," Daniel said cutting in. "Who are you?" Jake asked snottily. "I'm Daniel and I live over there," he said pointing to the direction of his house. "Nice to meet you I'm sorry it had to be like this. Alex can we talk for a second," Jake said a bit more politely then added, "Alone."

I glanced over at Daniel and he gave me a small nod so I told Jake that I could. "Alex I'm sorry that I got so defensive its just that after last night I felt like we had a bond between us and it felt so good that I wanted to keep it," Jake said once we were a few yards away. We sat down on a bench on the other side of the park and it was my turn to talk,"Look, Jake, I know that I should have told you maybe later but I didn't and I'm sorry."