Part 21

I couldn't wait for the weekend it was Lola's birthday on Thursday and she was having a sleepover at her house Friday night. Finally, it was Friday and as soon as I got home from school I got some homework done. I grabbed my duffel bag and threw some pajamas, face stuff, toothbrush and toothpaste in and zipped it shut. I checked the time on my phone. I still had another half hour until I was supposed to get there. 

A text buzzed through,"Hey, you coming tonight?" It was from Daniel. I had kind of forgotten that he was Lola's brother when I told her that I could come. It would be weird sleeping over at his house but Iris, Ivy and some of the little kids would be there too so I guess everything would be okay. Daniel probably was spending the night at a friends house anyway. He probably would leave after dinner. He wouldn't want to be home with a bunch of irritating girls in his house.

That's what I thought until after dinner when he still hadn't left. I went upstairs with Lola, Iris, and Ivy to go change into our pajamas. The little kids wanted to watch some cartoon movie. I sat down on the floor with everyone and started to watch the movie. It was really boring. I felt hands on my shoulders after a few minutes and I snapped my head around. It was Daniel,"Hey, you look really bored you want to come watch something different with me on my laptop?"

"Sure anything is better than this," I whispered back. We sat down on his bed and started watching the movie. A few minutes into the movie he looked over at me,"Do you want to get under the covers?" I was shocked at first and he must have seen it on my face,"I'm sorry that's not how I meant it you just looked cold so yeah." He looked down kind of embarrassed. "Umm sure," I said. 

I woke up the morning really confused. I realized that we probably fell asleep during the movie and nobody woke us up. I got out and walked down to Lola's room and heard voices so I knocked on the door and they let me in. "So where you been all night?" Lola asked. "Here," I replied. "Oh really because I looked over halfway through the movie and you were gone," she said. 

"Oh, Daniel asked me if I wanted to go watch a different movie with him and so I went," I told her. "Where did you sleep?" she pressed me. "I fell asleep during the movie," I said simply. "How much sleep did you actually get?" she asked. "I don't know," I replied pretending not to know the real context of her question. "I'm sure you got tons," she said sarcastically.I glanced at Ivy and Iris' shocked faces.

 "Daniel told me when you first started dating him and he told me not to talk about it to you because he didn't want it to be weird between you and me," she told me. "Alex, why didn't you tell us?" Ivy asked. "I didn't know how to bring it up and you probably would have thought that I was insane," I told them guiltily. I did feel really bad and I should have known this would happen. That's when Daniel burst into the room.