Part 18

After that night nothing much happened except all of us kids in the neighborhood hung out together and had lots of fun. The start of school was inching closer and closer and Megan and I were still not talking much. She would say hi every few days but not much more than that. The day before school started came super fast. The next day I got out of my car, walked past the cafeteria, down the hall, and into my homeroom.

Megan was already sitting in there. I waved and smiled awkwardly, but she said,"Dude, what are you doing we haven't seen each other for over two months and you wave and smile?" She ran up to me and gave me a big hug. "Sorry I don't know what I was thinking. I dropped my bags on the desk next to hers, grabbed all the books that I didn't need for the day, walked out to my locker and started filling it up and decorating it with the minimal decorations I bought.

I heard the door close and footsteps walk up to me. "Alexandra your acting really weird. Is everything okay?" she said. "Umm yeah, I'm uh fine," I said kind of stuttering. "Stop lying to me. What is going on?" she said raising her voice a little. "Meg, please I'm fine," I said slamming my locker shut and walking back in making sure to shut the door behind me. It opens and she stomps in.

"Alex we really need to talk there is something going on. What happened to when we would tell each other everything?" she said with tears running down her face. I pulled her into a hug and said, "I'm so sorry Megan I don't know whats going on with me I'm sorry. I wish that I told you everything that happened this summer but I didn't. "So what did happen this summer?" she asked me. 

I didn't want to actually tell her everything so I just grabbed my phone, sat down at my desk and started to text the group chat that all of my friends in the neighborhood were on. They made me feel better about ignoring Megan's question. The group chat is where I can really be myself because we all show our most insane side on there. I look up and see Megan with her head down on her desk.

"Megan are you okay?" I ask her. She looks up with a tear stained face and says,"It's fine I understand if you don't want to talk about this but I don't want to lose what we had last year because we were like sisters and it felt so good." I understood what she was saying but I was the weirdest person last year why would she like that me? I promised myself that I wouldn't be so open and cringy this year. Maybe she actually did like that me.

"We won't lose that I promise. I'm just going to be a little bit more chill this year because I was mental last year and I don't think that it's a good thing to be such a loudmouth because they are irritating," I tell her. "I like that you Alexandra. You were fun and exciting," she said. "There is a point when it switches from that to plain obnoxious though Megan," I replied. "Whatever I don't know what's going on with you but I'll see how this new you will work out," she said.