Part 23

Megan heard and read right through my lie. During the first period, I got a text from her asking if I could talk to her. I told her that I could. When I met with her during our break she said,"Alexandra I know that we aren't the best of friends right now but I am still worried about you. I don't know what you are thinking sleeping over at Daniels house. You changed this year and I know that I have said that a lot of times but doesn't mean you go and do this kind of stuff."

"Megan it's not what you think. It was Lola's birthday party and it was a sleepover and we were watching this really boring movie with the little kids, Daniel asked me if I wanted to go watch a different movie with him on his laptop and so I went with him and then I fell asleep it was an accident," I said. "That's what you say now but one day that accident is going to get bigger and it will actually hurt you and I don't want to see that happen," she said.

"You know what I don't care what you want because nobody will ever hurt me as much as you have this year. You can get mad at me and ditch me and then not tell me why and then you have the nerve to worry about what Daniel and I are doing together I think that you need to get your priorities straight," I responded. She just said,"Fine do whatever you want I don't care I know that I hurt you this year but you obviously don't want to be friends again so bye."

"That's not what I said Megan but you can think that and it sounds like you want to be my friend again but maybe you should have thought about that before I realized what kind of friend you were. So maybe you should go take some lessons on how to be a better friend," I responded.

Okay so maybe I shouldn't have said the last sentence because that was really mean and she looked really hurt but I guess she kind of deserved it because she hurt me more. A few weeks later she came up to me and asked me how I was doing, how school was going. I told her great and then she just said to have a nice weekend. On Monday though she acted exactly the same as always so I don't know what that was all about. What is her problem?

She must think that this will all go back to normal after summer break but she didn't know yet that she wasn't going to have the chance because I was not going to attend the same school as her next year. Maybe I should say something and have her overhear it maybe that will make her wake up. It was definite that I was leaving my transcripts had been transferred so I think that I'm going to do that and see how she takes it.