Chapter 4

You couldn't sleep. You didn't know if it was from being excited about tommorow, or being nervous. Probably both.

Tommorow you leave to go to Los Angeles, which meant leaving your hometown and the only place you had ever known..

But that also meant experiencing something new, something fresh. Although, that's still a big change. Were you ready for such a big change? You didn't know.

Finally, after a lot of thinking, you closed your eyes and drifted off to sleep..

"(Y/N), Rise and shine.."
You heard a soft voice say.

"mhmm..."
You said, still half asleep.

You felt someone gently shaking you, and opened your eyes to see your mom standing over you.

"Come on, time to get up."
She said.
"Oh, and I already put all of your luggage in the car."
Then she walked out of the room.

You reached over onto your nightstand and unplugged your phone, then turned it on to check the time. 8:03.

You sat up, rubbed your eyes, and got up to get dressed. You wore something that was comfortable, since you were going to be on the plane for about three and a half hours.

You put on some light makeup, and pulled your hair up into a ponytail. You checked your phone again. 8:46.

Crap. You had to leave. Your plane flies out at 10.

You stuffed your phone and charger into your backpack, and put your converse on.

You ran into the kitchen and found Mark eating a bowl of Lucky charms.

"Hurry up Mark, we gotta go." You told him.

He finished the rest of his cereal quickly, and got up.

Everyone got into the car, and you set off for the airport.

Once you arrived, Mark checked in your luggage, so you would only have to carry your backpack.

Now came the part you dreaded.
Saying goodbye. You had never had to say goodbye to your mom like this before, but you promised yourself not to cry.

You threw your arms around Mom, and hugged her tightly. She hugged you back.

"Bye, Mom."
Don't cry. Don't cry.

You felt tears in your eyes.

"It's okay (Y/N), don't cry. I'll see you soon. I love you so much,"
She said with a sweet voice.

"Love you too."

Then you let go; and let Mark say his goodbyes, and you walked off into the airport.

"You okay?" Mark asked.

"Yeah.. I'm good." You said.

After walking through the airport for a few minutes, the sadness you felt about leaving soon got replaced by exitedness.

You two went through security, then went to find the gate. Once you had found it, you sat down and waited.

"How much longer until we board?" You asked eagerly.

"Any minute now.." Mark replied.

"Attention Ladies and Gentlemen, Flight 3237 is now boarding at gate 14A."

"That's us!" He said.

Mark gave the worker lady your boarding passes, and you boarded the plane.