Chapter 18

After a couple of days, You had finally recovered enough that you didn't have to take medicine anymore. You could finally walk without getting dizzy. Jack had left to go on his tour.

Mark and Ethan were busy making videos, and you were bored. You sat on the couch in the living room and slouched. You were SO bored.

You walked quietly to where Mark was at and looked in to see if he was recording. Nope, he was editing one of his videos. He had his headphones on and was staring intensely at the screen.

"Hey, Mark?" You said.

He didn't respond, He must not have heard you. You walked behind him and tapped his shoulder.

"Yeah?" He said, without taking his eyes off the screen.

"I'm bored." You stated.

"Cool," He said, clearly not paying attention.

"Maaaark I'm boooored!" You whined.

"Then find something to do," Mark said.

You sighed. "Like what? There's nothing to do."

"How about.. I don't know.." Mark tried to come up with something, "How about you take Chica for a walk.

"Okay, Yeah! That's a good idea," You said."Thanks Mark."

"Yep," He said, still consumed by his editing.

You gave him a quick hug and exited the room. You found Chica's leash on the kitchen counter, And called for Chica.

"CHICA!" You called out."Come here girl!"

No response.

Huh. That's weird. Maybe she's asleep? She usually always comes when you call her.

You go into Mark's bedroom and look at Chica's little dog bed. She was laying there.

"There you are, you little stinker!" You say, as you walk up to her.

You lean down and look at her. She isn't asleep.

"Come on Chica! Wanna go for a walk?" You ask.

Chica looks at you but doesn't even wag her tail. She doesn't look excited about a walk, for some reason. She is usually always excited about walking..

You reach over to pet Chica. You run your hands down her soft fur. She is shaking, and you can feel it.

"Are you okay Chica?" You ask, petting her head.

She lets out a small whimper, and lays there.

You started to worry about her. Is she sick?

"MARK!" You shout.

"(Y/N) I'M BUSY EDITING!" You hear Mark shout back.

"MARK COME HERE! I THINK SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH CHICA!"

You heard something fall over, and footsteps running towards you. Mark burst in the room, out of breath. He rushes over to you.

"What is it? Is Chica okay?" He says.

"I don't know. She's shaking and she wont move from her bed." You say.

Mark puts his hand on Chica's back.
"What's wrong girl?" He asks.

Chica holds out her paw, wanting to hold Mark's hand.

Mark takes Chica's paw, and then quickly pulls away.

"Ow!" He exclaims.

"What is it?" You ask.

You both look at Chica's paw. There is a small, sharp piece of glass sticking out of it.

"Oh no! How'd that get in there?!" You said.

Mark carefully examines it. "I'm not sure, but we need to get it out. Help me carry Chica to the car, We'll take her to the vet."

"Can't we just take it out ourselves?" You ask.

"We could, but I don't want us to do it wrong. It's better just to seek professional help," Mark says.

You nod your head. Mark picks up Chica and carries her outside. You follow him, and open the door to the van.

You sit down in the back, and Mark put Chica next to you. Chica rests her head on your lap, and you try to comfort her.

Mark gets in the driver's seat, and drives off to the vet.

Chica whines in discomfort. You pet her lovingly, and try to make her feel better. "Its okay. We're almost there." You tell her.

When you arrived at the vet, Mark picked up Chica and carried her in. You followed close behind. Mark went up to the counter and explained what was wrong with Chica.

One of the nurses stood up and motioned for You and Mark to follow her into a room. When you got in the room, Mark laid Chica down on a table.

Chica clearly didn't like it there, but she didn't object. She laid there like a good doggo.

The vet took out a pair of tweezers. She carefully inspected the wound, and then positioned the tweezers in just the right way. She quickly pulled out the piece of glass.

Chica gave out a small yelp, but it didn't seem to alarm her too much.

"It's okay Chica.." Mark said as he hugged her. Poor Mark couldn't stand to see Chica in pain.

You watched as the vet cleaned the wound, and then wrapped a bandage around Chica's paw.

"All done!" The vet exclaimed.

"That.. That was fast," You said.

The vet nodded. "It wasn't a deep wound. You probably could've pulled it out at home."

You gave Mark an "I told you so" look. He laughed slightly.

"I just wanted to be safe." Mark said. "Can she walk on it?"

"She can, but it might cause her some discomfort. It should be healed up in a couple days." The vet responded.

Mark nodded. "Okay, Thank you!"
He picked up Chica, who seemed to be doing better. "Let's get you home."

As you left the Vet, Chica seemed to be in a slightly better mood. Her tail was wagging again. By the time you got home, She was pretty much her usual self. When she got into the house, walking on the cut didn't seem to bother her too much.

Mark felt bad for having to take her to the vet, So he gave her a lot of treats.

Chica was a spoiled little pup, But you loved her. Such a sweet doggo.

A/N So Chica's birthday was a couple days ago so I thought i'd write this in honor of her! Idk why i wrote about her getting hurt though.. I feel bad now. At least she got treats in the end! :D

I'm also thinking about writing another book. Maybe about Jacksepticeye? Not sure yet..

500+ Reads? That's awesome. Glad you guys enjoy reading this! (Or do you..?)