Chapter 26

Jack helped you up off the floor. You turn away, wiping your face on your sleeve. You take a deep breath in and out, and follow Jack out the office door.

"Jack?" You say as you walk down the hallway.

"Yeah?"

"Do you have a plan?"

Jack hesitated for a bit. "Well, we need to find out where Dark is going first. Did he say anything about where he was going?"

You thought hard, trying to remember. "I don't think so."

You two walked out the front door to find Mark's van gone. Dark must've taken it. There was a rental car sitting out in the driveway. You assumed it was Jack's.

You got in the car, and Jack started it up. He started driving.

"Where are we going?" You ask.

"I don't know. Try calling someone to see if they are okay." Jack said.

You decided to call Ethan. A few seconds later, he picked up.

"Hello?"

"ETHAN! Are you okay?!" You exclaim.

"Uh.. Yeah! I'm good." He said, slightly confused.

"Have you gotten any texts or calls from Mark in the past hour?" You ask him. Maybe Dark would've sent him something posing as mark.

"Actually.. Yeah! Mark sent me a text like five minutes ago. It just said: I'm coming. Kinda strange.. don't you think? Oh wait- There he is! I see his van in the driveway. Can I call you back?"

"BUT ETHAN- WAIT-"

Too late. He hung up. Jack glanced over at you. "Is everything okay?"

"No! We need to get to Ethan's apartment. NOW!" You say urgently. "Dark is there!"

Jack makes a U-turn and starts driving the other way, towards Ethan's place.

You try to call Ethan back, but it goes straight to voicemail. You can't help but think the worst. You can't bear the thought of losing any of your friends.

Even though you had only known them for a couple months, You felt closer to them than any other friends before. They felt like family.

You knew what it felt like to lose family. After your Dad passed and Mark moved away, life had seemingly got worse. These past few months were the happiest you had been in a long time. You weren't going to let Dark take it all away.

"(Y/n)! Hey! We're here!" Jack waved his hand in front of your face.

You snapped back into reality. You swiftly got out of the car and ran to the door. You tried to open the door but you couldn't. It was locked.

"ETHAN!" You screamed, banging on the door.

Jack came running up to you.
"What's wrong?"

"The door is locked!"

Jack looked at the window next to Ethan's door.
"Watch out." He muttered.

Jack slammed his elbow into the window, causing it to shatter.
Jack cringed, looking at his arm. It was cut up from the broken glass.

"Jack!" You say.

"I'm fine. It's just a few scratches. We need to get inside, come on!" He says.

You and Jack climb through the window, careful to avoid any more broken glass.

"ETHAN!" You yell again, trying to find him.

"(Y/n)?" You hear Ethan say, coming from the bedroom.

You and Jack run to Ethan's bedroom, And find Ethan backed up against the wall, with Dark cornering him.

"Help!" He whimpers.

Dark turns around to see who Ethan is looking at. He sighs.

"Really? You two? You think you can stop me?" Dark grumbles.

Ethan takes the opportunity to run. He slips past Dark and runs to you and Jack.

Ethan gives you a hug, and whispers to you. "Stall him." He then dashes out of the room to somewhere. You are confused and worried, but you trust Ethan.

"Look at your friend. He ran away!" Dark laughed. "Coward."

You turn to Jack and say under your breath, "We need to Stall."

Jack nods. "Hey Dark!" He yells.
"What are your thoughts on Septiplier?"

"What?" Dark asks, clearly thrown off.

Jack smirks. "Yeah, You heard me!  You know Dark, Since you technically ARE Mark... People ship You and Me!

"No- I-" Dark stutters.

"It's okay. I get it." Jack makes a flirty face. "Who wouldn't want to get a piece of THIS!" He strikes a pose, and blows Dark a kiss.

You stare at Jack. This was his idea of stalling? I mean.. It was working, but still. You can't help but smile.

"ENOUGH OF THIS.. THIS.. NONSENSE!" Dark booms. "I will destroy all of you and everything you ever loved!"

"You look a little flustered Dark.. You embarrassed?" You chime in.

"N-NO! I'M MAD!" His voice echos throughout the house.

"Suuuure.." Jack says cheekily.

Just then, Ethan comes in with Tyler. Tyler has a gun.

"Hands up Dark!" Tyler shouts.

You and Jack back up, letting Ethan and Tyler into the room. Tyler points the gun at Dark threateningly.

Dark's face twists into an amused smile. "You won't kill me."

Tyler has points the gun closer to Dark. "Why do you say that?" Tyler asks cautiously.

"Because if you kill me.." Dark pauses. "Well, You kill Mark."

Dark loves the scared looks on everyone's faces. Tyler lowers the gun a bit.

"That's right. I knew you wouldn't do it." Dark says. "Now put the gun down."

Tyler hesitantly drops the gun.

"I was going to spare everyone.. But it would be more fun to kill you." Dark says, as he slowly advanced.

All of you backed away. Tyler stood in front of you to protect you, and Jack and Ethan stood by your sides.

No. No no no. This isnt right. This can't be happening. He's lying. HE'S LYING! A voice somewhere in the back of your head was telling you Dark was lying. You weren't going to die, and you weren't going to let anyone else die.

You dived down to the ground, hitting your chin hard on the cold tile floor. You picked up the gun Tyler had dropped, aimed it at Dark, squeezed your eyes shut, and shot.